Sunday 17 June 2012

Sunday

There was I, yesterday late afternoon, windows open, enjoying the fresh air (it was none too warm but that was OK, what are cardigans for?) when the wind started to blow ferociously and the vertical blinds started to rattle.  Suddenly it was feeling very cold and I got all shivery.  The windows were closed and I went to check the heating to find that it had clicked on.  In the middle of June!!!  Crazy weather!  It was so chilly I went up to get a quilt and snuggled under that until the house warmed up a bit.  Brrrr . . .

On other news, I saw, in Morrison's, a likely looking portion of pork ribs, not too expensive and with at least some meat on them.  So on Friday evening I concocted a sticky mix of honey, lemon, garlic, mustard, chili, tomato puree, smoked paprika, a pinch of five spice, salt, pepper, soy sauce and Worcester sauce.  Oh, and a spoonful of mango chutney.  In other words, whatever I could lay my hands on!  I gently roasted the ribs under foil until they were done, then removed the foil,  turned the heat right up, poured over the sauce and cooked them until the sauce was all gooey and sticky.  And very tasty it was too!

No comments:

Post a Comment