Friday 15 June 2012

Friday morning

It looks as if the wet weather is back!  Yesterday evening it all clouded over and there has obviously been rain overnight.  I hope it hasn't been too bad elsewhere - the forecast was not good last time I looked.

Walking of weather, we now have a weather chart in the classroom.  Having decided that snow didn't need to be an option, it will revert to winter again - just wait and see!  I stayed late at school to get it up, also our versions of Kandinsky's Concentric Circles.  Any infant teacher worth her salt knows Concentric Circles.  It's just right for littlies and earlier this week we used Dazzle to create a concentric circle picture each, which have been combined together to make our own versions of the original.  I have to say it does brighten up a dark corner no end!  I'll try and remember to take a photo today, if the camera battery charges up in time for school.
The original (obviously).  Super colours!
I'd love to see the original in the flesh, so to speak.  I remember when DD was doing A level art and did a project on Marc, she and I pootled off to Munich for several days to have look at some of the originals.  They were breathtaking.  A photo, however well done, simply does not convey the power and impact of the originals.  They were lovely.
Very different to the above but, oh, how I love it! Not a very critical comment, I know - but I know nothing about art!

The spring blossom pictures have more or less all come down now - well it's not supposed to be spring in a few days' time - and there's space for another art project.  It will probably be something in the style of Mondrian but I'm not entirely sure of the medium yet.  There's several options and I don't have to choose yet!!


No comments:

Post a Comment