Wednesday 14 August 2024

Wednesday evening, 14-08-24

Evening, everyone.
It's felt an 'odd' sort of day but I can't quite put my finger on why.

It started off very, very early; I didn't sleep all that well and by four I was down and doing. so, of course, now I am shattered and fighting to stay awake.

The car, obviously, was still in the car hospital, so I grabbed the opportunity to really get going to tidy up the front.  I did more slab weeding, including as much of next door's side as I could reach (they're away at the moment so the car was staying put.  I neatened round the 'lawn' before mowing it and now the whole front looks so very much better.

While I was doing that, I had two workmen visitors.  The first was a lad from Seth's company to sort out a couple of issues with the garden room (all sorted now) and then later on, Bob (the builder!) turned up with his power tools and now the spike is in the ground and it is all done and dusted.  I can now set up both washing line and parasol without having to wedge them in.  Excellent.

The other was Matt the plumber to give my boiler it's annual service.   However, he needs to sort something out and didn't have nuts or bolts of something so I will get what's needed and come back on Friday to finish.  I'm out so he has a key - I have known Matt long enough to totally trust him.

As for the car - I have it back and have handed over an exorbitant amount but there's still one thing to get done.  Spare parts, of course.  So it's going back in again next Wednesday and I will wait there while they get it done.  Ho hum!
In the meanwhile, everything is back in it again.

It's the first time in a very long while that these two things haven't been totally straightforward but there you go - it has to happen at some point.  As Matt said, it's not that anything is wrong, it's to prevent something going wrong in the future.

I carried on sorting out the garden and pretty much everything is now crossed off the list for now.

The day plodded on, I went to get some washing out of the machine only to find I hadn't turned it on.  Doh!!

Just a bit of an odd day.

Finishing on a positive note . . .


Perhaps the confused dahlia is becoming a little less confused in its older age - this is the first single colour flower it has ever produced (that I've noticed).
And I am picking beans and tomatoes every day now - lovely.  No broad bean shoots but then there wouldn't be yet, would there?

I'm going to love you and leave you now.  I want to stay awake another hour and then I should get to sleep very quickly (fingers crossed).  
Sleep well, everyone.

Oh, by the way, I'll let you know what that photo is tomorrow.  A few clues - microwave, pop up, snack.  
xx



18 comments:

  1. 'Odd' days are disconcerting , so I hope tomorrow is better for you. Still wondering about the microwave 'thing'. Rice? Eggs?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think 'disconcerting' is exactly the right term. Things just felt a little off centre somehow. Still, I got a lot done, one way and another.

      Delete
  2. I hope you manage a better night's sleep, and feel refreshed by the morning.
    You've had a busy day. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I suppose it was really and yes, I had a great night's sleep, many thanks. xx

      Delete
  3. Is it a microwave popcorn maker?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go to the top of the class, you clever girl!! Well done, Eileen, it is a microwave popcorn maker and it's really good.
      How lovely to 'see' you again. How are things. Must look and see if you are blogging again. xx

      Delete
  4. Hope you get some sleep tonight and tomorrow is a better day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did, thanks, I feel so much brighter this morning - which is just as well. :-) xx

      Delete
  5. I’ve just watched The Repair Shop and it was a lovely variety of repairs tonight. We went to look for some polo shirts for DH and some tops for me this morning. Managed to get some each so now set up better for this hot weather. I wake ed every two hours last night and was tired all day today. Catriona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's such a lovely programme, isn't it? and congratulations on the successful shopping.
      It can be hard to get restful sleep when it is humid, can't it. xx

      Delete
  6. I had a much busier day than of late, I decided my slightly low mood wasn't helped by inactivity, mind you sometimes it's hard to be active in bad weather isn't it? Anyhoo, we had sunshine and I did a load of gardening including the unromantic sorting out of the compost heap 😁
    Your garden is lovely.
    Alison in Wales x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is extremely uncomfortable to be so active when it's very warm. After all, those who live in warmer climates do tend to siesta through the hottest parts of the day, don't they?
      I am sure your garden will bless you for sorting out the compost. Mine's in a bin so a little wriggle with a fork is as much as it gets - oh, and sprinkling over some improver from time to time. Does that help - so idea but . . .
      xx

      Delete
  7. Joy could you tell me the name of the wedge for the rotary clothes line spike you bought and where you bought it from.? Thank you in advance. June

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got it from Argos and here's the link. https://www.argos.co.uk/product/8269403?clickSR=slp:term:ground%20spike:1:106:1
      xx

      Delete
  8. We are both having a lot of 'odd' days recently, I think it's partly to do with the weather being so weird ... it's actually pretty cold here today after being really hot yesterday. Oh, and I have done the forgetting to turn on the washer and finding dry washing in the machine thing a few times, it's very annoying isn't it. But it does make me laugh at myself. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's warm again here today but yes, yesterday was a sort of nothing day as regards weather.
      Yes, it was annoying, especially as I did it deliberately to use up the hot water before Matt needed to let the rest run. Yes, I did laugh - after saying something that might have been a but rude. xx

      Delete
  9. I understand that odd days can feel, well, odd, but it sounds like you still accomplished a lot!! Hope today has felt much better and that you slept well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has, thanks, Debbie, and I slept really well. xx

      Delete