Wednesday 10 January 2024

Wednesday, 10-01-24: Enjoyment

Morning, everyone!  It's Wednesday already.  Where is the week going?  I guess it has been quite busy so far what with exercise classes starting as well as clearing and decluttering.

Groove was really good.  Chris and I walked there and back and, between all of that and the to-ing and fro-ing of the rest of the day, I managed 12,800+ steps.  Goodness me!
All the Christmas stuff is now tucked away again, all neat, tidy and organised.  It took a while and I'm sure the lifting and carrying did me good.  That problem kitchen cupboard is all neat and tidy too which is great.  You would not believe what was hidden at the back of the high shelves!!

Today is just an at home day until personal training late afternoon and there's only one item on my list of Things To Do and that is my bedroom.  It's not bad, it's just rather disorganised and I want to see if there's anything that can be taken to Lindsey's charity sale, quite apart from reorganising it all.  Wish me luck!


My last word for 2024 is 'Enjoyment'  
enjoyment (noun as in delight in something) Strongest matches. amusement fun gratification happiness indulgence joy luxury pleasure recreation relaxation satisfaction thrill. Strong matches. delectation diversion entertainment fruition gladness gusto hedonism rejoicing relish savor self-indulgence sensuality triumph
Wow!
Well, not all of them are things I am particularly looking for or want to feel/experience but some are.
Really, I am just thinking about making the best of everything, looking for enjoyment in all those small things of life rather than hankering after the enjoyment from the bigger things - which are all very well in their way but usually out of reach for most and dwelling on them is more likely to cause discontent, envy, feelings of 'deprivation', etc.
Anyway - what I am after is an act of will - to look for the many good things in my life, to live in the present and - well - to enjoy it!  After such a 'big' year in 2023, I need and want to work on enjoying the smaller things again.

So - economy, energy and enjoyment.  What would yours be?

. . . which reminds me - I didn't update my finances yesterday - better do it now.  😇

14 comments:

  1. The month is galloping away and 2023 seems a very long time ago. I think my watchwords for the year will have to be acceptance, patience and positivity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think my words would have to include tolerance and letting go.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's interesting. I'd have said you were a pretty tolerant person from your blog. xx

      Delete
    2. and I don't know what you need to let go but I hope you achieve it - it's such an important thing, I think. xx

      Delete
  3. "making the best of everything," will be my phrase for the year I have decided!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that - definitely a happiness creation thing. xx

      Delete
  4. Hmmmm, I certainly could use a bit more energy........ and as in above comments I might select Letting go and acceptance.........BUT if I had to choose one word for this year it would be Change.........and if it happens I'll be sure to let you know Joy 😀
    Alison in Wales x

    ReplyDelete
  5. The small moments can be so enjoyable. At the moment I'm sitting wrapped up on my couch and the thought flashed through my mind, how much I enjoy being in this house. It may not be perfect but it is comfortable and seeing the sun shining through the window is lovely.
    I don't have particular words as I tend to be more goal oriented. There are several for this year. I've a Caribbean cruise booked (and paid for) in March and I've booked a catamaran cruise with snorkeling lessons in one of the ports. My goal is to actually get in the water and learn to snorkel. My daughter and I are planning to buy a house in her current community (I now live with my adult son in the city) so there will be a move hopefully by June. I also have a goal to do some yard-work here in the city in the spring and fall as the former owners left quite a mess in the side yard.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That all sounds so very exciting! Lots of adventures this year for you! xx

      Delete
  6. I love this word for the year. Enjoyment can be found in the smallest of things.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think so too - there's so much enjoyment to be had in one's own little corner of the world. xx

      Delete