Saturday 6 January 2024

Saturday, 06-01-24

 Good morning, everyone.  It's such a pleasant morning,l dry and bright and a bit chilly.  Perfect for January!
Thank you all for your lovely comments yesterday.  Very cheering and motivating.  Perfect!

I decided that I would put the not-cleaning-any-more money into Premium Bonds rather than a savings account.  At the moment, my bonds are doing well each month - never a big win but those smaller wins each month (yes, really) are mounting up to a surprisingly good rate of interest.
I'll keep an eye on things but it isn't money I want to tie up longer term in any way so I'm happy with what I've decided for now.
So that's all set up now and I shouldn't notice any difference to my budget whatsoever - apart from the usual ones, I mean!

Moving on from that, I also want to do a belated New Year ponder over last year and what I would like to achieve this year.  I have a few ideas but would like to bed them down a bit more firmly into something practical.

The washing is pretty much done and dusted now.  There's some ironing but not loads and I don't mind ironing anyway.  I used to hate the school shirts and trousers but most stuff is OK.
As a result, I do have piles of clothes to sort out and put away.  All the Christmas jumpers need to vanish for eleven months and I am getting out all those I wasn't inspired to wear this year and donating them on.  I need to find somewhere for my thermals too, or they will just get absorbed into the general stuff and be hard to find.

So that's on the list for today.  However, apart from putting stuff away, ironing and the usual daily stuff (kitchen, loo and bathroom mostly), I'm resting up.  This cold is 'breaking up' as we say, so I am disgustingly spluttery, snuffly and revolding and also pretty 'chesty' and achey.  I have knitting, I have loads of recordings on the telly and I will probably have a few snoozes too.
Not such a bad life, is it?  :-)

And then tomorrow, assuming I feel OK, I need to sort out the Christmas Tree and the few bits and bobs I decorated the house with.   I don't want to but . . .

Have a great Saturday, everyone.  xx

16 comments:

  1. Welcome back, Joy and thank you for sharing your wonderful holiday. It looks like you had a great time.
    I try and get cleaning jobs and certain other jobs done on different days just to spread it out a bit. However if it doesn't get done, I don't worry too much.
    Hope that cold disappears quickly x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you're soon feeling better, Joy. Let it take its course and don't overdo it. Housework can wait . . . x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry you're feeling rough, colds are such minor, inconsequential things really, but it's surprising how rough they can make us feel isn't it? Take gentle care of yourself, if you have a few snoozes then that's your body telling you what it needs. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am grateful that I can rest when I needed. Thanks, Sooze. xx

      Delete
  4. Rest up and get well soon x
    Alison in Wales x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks.
      It's breaking up now so shouldn't hang around much longer. xx

      Delete
  5. Hope your cold disappears very soon. I think I have finally managed to get the one Hubby was bound and determined to share. Rest and heal is a great idea.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How very sweet of him!!!
      Take care and I hope you feel better soon. xx

      Delete
  6. You're doing very well on the old Premium Bonds aren't you, I've never won a thing ... but then I only have one, bought by a relative for my christening. :-)

    It sounds like you need a nice relaxing day today, so your plans seem perfect. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That might possibly be the reason why!!!
      Yes, they're doing nicely which is why I am happy to keep paying in. There's a limit, of course, once I reach that, I will have to move money sideways when I win.
      I'm having a lovely, relaxing weekend and appreciating it very much.
      xx

      Delete
  7. Take care with that cold, I'm still coughing and spluttering a few weeks later. It's a lingering one! Just rest and enjoy your catch up TV and knitting :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beth is still suffering too - it's a nasty one.
      I hope you feel loads better soon. xx

      Delete
  8. Hope you feel better. Do you think you will go on another cruise? I do know that I just have never wanted to and not just because of the germs and the crowds...my friends who cruised always got sick...that being said, others love love it...you seemed to be having a good time...I am glad for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to, but I have to rebuild my short term savings first - I'm not going to move any long term savings across - that is for any future care I may need (or for Dave, Beth and Alex, if I am lucky).
      But, yes, I do hope so at some point. xx

      Delete
  9. Good for you. Brenda

    ReplyDelete