Tuesday 16 January 2024

Tuesday, 16-01-24

Morning, everyone!  It remains pretty chilly round here and, as often happens, we have plenty of sunshine forecast for today.  No snow though, thankfully and BBC weather thinks it will become much milder and less settled by the weekend.  We will see, won't we?

Yesterday was lovely.  After a really good Circuits session, I got some housework done, including using the steam cleaner which hasn't been used for many, many years.  I had forgotten how easy is is to use and all the relevant flooring is now nice and clean.  Most satisfying.

I had another message from the Broomfield Coach Trips people and now the visit to the opening night of Swan Lake at the R.A.H. is all paid for too.    That's not until June but needed paying for early.  That's OK - it's hard on this month's money but once paid, that's it, I get the benefit later on.

Today it is Groove, being Tuesday, and Chris and I will be walking down and back in sunshine (hopefully).  
Once home again, it is the usual - there's some washing, drying and ironing to be done and I would really like to finish sorting out my bedroom too.  Again, nothing exciting but very satisfying, all the same.

Have a lovely day, everyone.  xx

16 comments:

  1. It's cold and bright here with birds busy in the garden. The frost is gradually disappearing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ditto here now and it was a lovely walk down the hall and back again. Lovely sunshine. xx

      Delete
  2. Lots of snow here, it must have snowed briefly over night and then came down thick and fast just after 8am. It looks beautiful, especially seeing an all white canal, the snow landed on yesterdays ice and turned it into a lovely sight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Finally turning into a typical Canadian winter here, bitter cold and snowy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So I gather - very, very cold, dangerously cold, only fit for staying in and cosying down! Stay safe, Gill. xx

      Delete
  4. It was supposed to warm up here today, but looking at my thermometer and checking the Saskatchewan weather, it is now going to stay fairly cold. I had hoped to get all my running around done today, but will wait a bit on the shopping until it warms up a tad (and I am sure the car will run correctly).

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very wise. It's not the weather to take risks. Stay warm, Jackie. xx

      Delete
  5. Swan Lake is wonderful. What a lovely treat to look forward to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's my second favourite ballet (Romeo and Juliet is number one) and it's in the round so should be fantastic. xx

      Delete
  6. The ballet will be a wonderful treat to look forward to in June. You have some good things to look forward to this year. The coach trips seem to be good way to visit new places and take part in a variety of events. Enjoy the rest of the day x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really opening things up for me. I'm so glad Jen told me about them. xx

      Delete
  7. We have sleety rain but not sure we have escaped the snow just yet. Catriona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fingers crossed. It has been a gloriously sunny day here. Chilly though. xx

      Delete
  8. Sounds like you have the day planned! At least the trip will be paid for and you won't have to think about it again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a really nice day apart from the bed thing (see Wednesday's post) and, yes, it's now all paid for. There's the meal to buy, of course, but I might just take some sandwiches with me - it if it a nice day, I can eat them on the steps of the RAH. I'll see how I feel closer to the time.
      xx

      Delete