Saturday 27 January 2024

Saturday, 27-01-24

Good morni - er, I mean afternoon, everyone!  Ooops, really sorry, I thought I had posted but I didn't even start.  Getting old!!

It was a cold and frosty morning today which was not a surprise after a beautiful, clear night sky and the most wonderful full moon.  It's warmed up somewhat now though.

Yesterday was a gentle and lazy day.  Slimming World was, as always, great fun - I didn't weigh, Sooze, but I have to next week.

It was a lovely evening - it's so pleasant to share a meal with good friends.  No pressure, just happiness.  I went for a small plate haddock and chips which was delicious and then a sundae.  That was a mistake - I was thinking of the lovely sundaes they served on ship but this was twice as big!  Really delicious but - phew!

Today I woke late again (seven o'clock is late for me) and pottered until it was time to go to Lindsey's.  When I ate there, it was just twelve o'clock but he studio was already jam packed and there was such a great vibe.  I'd already seen most of that there was but I did take one more item, a fairly flimsy overshirt.  I now have to make my donation on the Just Giving page.

And now I'm just chilling and, Chris, thank you for messaging me to ask if I was OK.  That was so very kind.
I hope everyone is having a really good day.  Take care and stay safe, everyone.  xx

8 comments:

  1. Good 'morning' Joy! ;)
    It sounds like a great event, and for a very worthy cause. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The last time I looked at the Just Giving page, over £1000 had been donated. Amazing! xx

      Delete
  2. Some days the hours just slip away. The sale has done well. Lindsey must be really pleased.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also slept in today, and because of that have been taking it very easy today. Just did the minimum and because I have made a few mistakes on my embroidery, left that alone for today.
    I did go out for a walk and when I got back tried to break up some of the ice on our walkway.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very wise - I do that when I start making errors in my knitting. Sometimes my brain is in a right old tangle! xx

      Delete
  4. Glad you had a lovely meal. All the days here seem to be blending together!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sharon - it was lovely.
      Know what you mean about days merging . . . xx

      Delete