Wednesday 3 January 2024

Cruise day 13

06:17
A pretty choppy night and we're sailing through a snowstorm at the moment.  At least the spray seems to have cleaned my window temporarily!  

15:31
Wow, it really is very choppy, worse than coming up.  I'm not sure this clip shows quite how choppy it is really.  It's OK, nothing terribly scary, but getting about is interesting and I feel for the less mobile among us.
It's got worse since then but it predicted to ease off somewhat by tomorrow.


After lunch, I went to the wine tasting that One Traveller had arranged instead of afternoon tea.

It was good.  Five wines - a prosecco, a Chardonnay, a rose, a red and a dessert wine.  He talked about each one and we sipped them.  Then he told us which cheese to have with each wine and to not whether it enhanced the flavour of each (which it did, of course).
I didn't fill in the notes - I never know what to write - but I will remember what he said about if you want something that will go well with any cheese, a good port wine will do the trick every time.

I'm back in the cabin now.  First I want to do some packing and sorting out, followed by getting dressed for dinner (optional formal) and then a chill before we meet for drinks.

22:50
It's now bedtime and I am shattered.  The show this evening was taken by the crew - there were dancing and songs from various parts of the world and some very funny items too.  It was good - well done to them all.
I'm pretty much packed now so can enjoy the last full day with a clear conscience.

How has your day been?  Good, I hope.  xx


8 comments:

  1. Pity the poor fishermen who have to go out in poor conditions.
    The wine tasting sounded interesting - I shall remember the tip about port.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good tip about the port, we have cheese in abundance and a bottle of port unopened in the cupboard. Enjoy your remaining time on board x
    Alison in Wales x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy your trip home. I have so enjoyed your journal as you have cruised. I have not wanted to join you in the ice and cold. Since moving to Florida three years ago, I am spoiled with the weather. I look forward to your thoughts after you arrive home...how you enjoyed the experience...whether you will do it again...where you are traveling in the new year. Almost like reading a book. Thank you. Happy 2024.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The wine tasting sounds very interesting and I agree about a good Port going well with any cheese.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wishing you a wonderful final day. I assume you'll be putting your luggage out this evening before dinner. Don't forget to put out some clothes for your trip home - you'd be surprised how many people end up wearing their evening finery. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think Alan is living on Port and cheese at the moment, he got a lot of both for Christmas. :-)

    I don't think I could cope with such choppy seas outside my window, we both get terribly seasick.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A bit too choppy for me, and gosh packing for home, that all went quick.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow that is choppy. Hope you are dealing with it okay!

    ReplyDelete