Tuesday 30 January 2024

Tuesday, 30-01-24

Morning, all.  
I've just popped out to the shed; it's really mild again this morning but very damp, not actually raining but semi-slightly-drizzling.  I'm thankful for the mildness.

Probably the final update on the pop up shop event - the total is now at £2,370 and yesterday Lindsey was over the moon.  She has a fairly new neighbour who she's met a few times and this lady asked Lindsey if she could take all the leftover items.  She goes to a church that supports a very poor village in Ghana and they are putting together a load of stuff to take over there this year.  She was absolutely delighted to be able to take everything that was left - and so was Lindsey as it has saved her a lot of hassle getting stuff out to charity shops, etc.  What a wonderful way to end this whole event.

There were ten of us at at circuits last week but only four this week.  A few were ill or had unwell children, a few were ad hocs last week rather than regulars and one couldn't come.  It was still good and Lindsey worked us very hard (which is what we are there for).

I managed to get three of the four loads of washing done yesterday.  One load semi-dried on the line, one load dried on the drying rack and I tumble dried one load as it contained towels and they are just about the only thing I always tumble dry.
So I have a little pile of ironing to get done today; not loads as some things don't need it but some.  

The other thing I did was doing downstairs.  It's getting quicker as I find a pattern to it all.

Today actually looks very similar: one load of washing, maybe two depending on whether I change my sheets or not, upstairs to clean and tidy although I could do that tomorrow, I want to sort out a couple of bags in the freezer, I'd like to bake a couple of loaves and I have that SEN report to write.
And it all starts off with Groove class.  Hopefully Chris and I will walk although it just depends on how damp it is really.

I think my get-up-and-go which temporarily went AWOL has returned again.  Thank goodness for that!
Have a lovely day, everyone, whether you are busy or not, going out or staying inside.  Stay safe and warm.  xx

28 comments:

  1. Good to hear your energy is back again - you have much more than me! I'm guessing our Keep Moving group is gentle compared to all your classes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Possibly but I truly think the most important thing is to do something. Just keep moving in a way that is right for you. xx

      Delete
  2. My watch tells me to 'stand' - I ignore it! ;-) x x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. < Chuckle >. I haven't set mine for that! xx

      Delete
  3. That's great news for Lindsey and a fantastic way to deal with the remaining clothes items. What a lovely new neighbour she has. Glad you are feeling so much better. Have a good day x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Yes, it was lovely and very unexpected. Such a relief for Lindsey. xx

      Delete
  4. Can you send some of your get up and go my way please?? That's a fab amount of money, well done everyone! Temperatures are still around the zero mark here so not venturing out today except to walk the dog. Even she's not that bothered to go out and is currently fast asleep and snoring, lying at the window!! :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a very sensible dog!!
      Hoping you pick up again soon. xx

      Delete
  5. What a good way to use all the leftover clothes from the event. :-)

    Oh, and you seem to do a LOT of washing or have you been saving it for better weather!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. er - do I? Maybe I do. I'll have to ponder that one! xx

      Delete
  6. Great way for the clothes from the event to be used. Congrats on the amount raised. Sounds like you had a really productive day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great outcome for your charitable event. My dear old mum used to say
    "My get up and go has got up and gone !" I'm glad yours is back x
    Alison in Wales x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup - I say that at times too. You don't hear it so much nowadays, do you? xx

      Delete
  8. The pop-up event did extremely well, and how nice to be able to send the remainders off in one package. Definitely less trouble for your Lindsay.
    We're above freezing here for the next week, which is extremely odd for this time of year. The snow will melt rather quickly at this rate. After the brutal cold of a couple of weeks ago, it's great for most of us, though I'm sure the farmers aren't particularly happy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It must be nice to be able to go out without risking frostbite or worse. xx

      Delete
  9. It's lovely and sunny here today. It hammered down all day yesterday and local roads were awash with huge puddles. It's never happened before so a bit of a worry

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, goodness. It must be a relief to see the sun. xx

      Delete
  10. How fantastic that the leftover clothes are also going to a good cause. xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. We had an unexpected frost this morning and it was a scramble to scrape the car so that I could get off to my craft class. Catriona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It can take longer that you think to scrape it all off. Also, you can look out and it's clear and then half an hour later there's frost. It can come very quickly. Hopefully, you weren't late. xx

      Delete
  12. It's funny I was busy, busy, busy last week, full of energy and getting things done. This week not so much.........at least the weather isn't too cold.....well for us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's funny how that happens, just when you think things are going swimmingly well. I'm sure the cold will be back so a bit of a warmer break is lovely. xx

      Delete
  13. I am happy your get up and go has come back. In some strange twist, I find myself wanting (and in fact doing so) more sleep. Today was the longest I have slept in I don't know how long.
    Glad to read that someone was going to take all the leftover items off Lindsay's hands and they are going to an awesome cause.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You must have needed it. It's good that you were able to sleep for longer. xx

      Delete
  14. That's such an amazing total. And what a great way to make use of the leftover items. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everyone was so pleased to hear it. You can just imagine, I am sure. xx

      Delete