Wednesday 3 August 2016

Wednesday

Good morning, gentle readers.

I'm glad I didn't have to go out anywhere yesterday apart from the coffee date because it was a damp, drizzly, miserable day with only a few glimmers of sun come the evening.  Cold too, for the time of year, both morning and evening.

For once, my cake making skills worked and the cake I took with me to M's did me proud.  It was nice and light and fluffy and tasted great.  It was good to catch up on stuff and M showed me round her small but lovely and well kept garden.

Once home, For the rest of the day I worked on those owls which are a commission for a friend.  I made a few changes which seem to be working well and these owls should look good.  We need to go into the market to get some buttons for eyes and wings and we'll probably do that today because there's not much more I can do until they are on.  Each owl takes two buttons for the eyes and then two to fasten on the wings and it is so much easier to do that before the front and back are joined together.
Here's a photo - not finished, obviously!
Isn't it odd how light and the camera make things look different.  The top of the left hand owl and the body of the right hand owl are exactly the same fabric.
I call them Tweedowldum and Tweedowldee!

While I did that, Beth continued to work on the doll's house and she's on the last straight with it now.  It will be a lovely gift.

To my delight, the new Harry Potter book, the playscript of 'The Cursed Child', arrived so the evening was spent in a mixture of watching telly and reading.  The study books also arrived and I can see that they will be very, very useful.

Today is more of the same.  Into town to the market and then I want to finish the two owls, a small bag and a scrunchie and then work on an idea for keyring owls that are sewn, not crocheted.  Then, at the end of the 'working' day, we will have to do a proper tidy up because I have a pupil tomorrow morning.

Today's food:
B:  oat bran galette with yogurt and fruit
L:  scrambled egg and fried tomato, maybe also some mushrooms, apple
D:  poached salmon, runner beans, fruit

No comments:

Post a Comment