Saturday 27 August 2016

Saturday

Good morning, gentle readers.  It's the start of the weekend and I bet a lot of families will be thinking of heading for the coast.  Fresh sea breezes are just the thing on these warm days, aren't they, and I envy people who live by the sea.  The weather forecast is weird - there's a yellow warning of rain but the actual forecast shows merely some light showers.

Fortunately for me, the rain isn't due until around midday (if it arrives at all).  I should be back from town well before then because I shall be in before the crowds, I hope.

Yesterday went well.  My delivery arrived at the time they said it would, Sharon worked her usual magic on my hair and the early bird swim was lovely.

I decided not to go for lengths this time, but to just paddle my way up and down for a while.  I did about forty five minutes and it was physically invigorating and mentally relaxing.

As I was drying off afterwards, my glasses felt wonky so I put my hand up to adjust them and discovered that one of the legs (or are they called arms) had come completely off.  It wasn't the little screw, it was a bit further along, and, while I was able to push it back together and sellotape (when I got home), the spring isn't there any more and they feel very loose and unsafe.
So while I am is town, I will pop into Specsavers to see if it can be repaired and, as I'm overdue for an eye test, I will book one at the same time.  I've popped my prescription sunglasses into my bag in case they take off the sellotape and then discover that it can't be repaired.  I shall have to drive home somehow, after all!

The other thing I need to do is go to the haberdashery stall to get buttons, zip, thread and lace for one of the current projects.  I shall also give the connecting fabric stall the once over in case they have anything new in.  Then, seeing as I am in town, I will go to the fruit and veg stall as they can have some very good stuff very reasonably priced.

Once home, I think a bit of gardening is on the cards, plus more crafting.  Oh, isn't it a hard life!  The knitted part is coming together well and will be finished today  and tomorrow I shall focus on the sewing part.  I was a little concerned that there was enough yarn but it is coming together fine and I will have enough to send a little ball of it for any necessary repairs.

I have enough tomatoes now that I can start cooking them so yesterday I fried some in a little butter and, oh, they were so, so good.  I have some left over to eat with a crumpet for breakfast and I'm really looking forward to it!  In fact it has got to the point where I have to go out with a container to pick - my hand isn't big enough.

So, today's food:
B:  crumpet with fried tomatoes, apple
L:  mini crustless quiche with salad, orange
D:  steak, more fried tomatoes, runner beans, mushrooms, natural yogurt and soft fruit

As I don't have an appropriate photo, here's a montage of yesterday's nosh!



Have a great day, everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment