Tuesday 9 August 2016

Tuesday

Good morning, everyone.  It's a cool early morning and, although the sun hasn't risen yet, it promises to stay fine and sunny, whatever happens later on.

Yesterday I was busy and bustling in the morning, getting everything sorted.  The afternoon was slower and quieter and the evening was spent stuffing my face!

As I had decided, I had a steak which was beautifully cooked, just the way I like it, slightly pink in the middle but cooked through.  Delicious.  Mind you, I asked for a 'small' portion of chips and what came made me glad I didn't get a 'normal' portion.  Mum had nachos and they looked so very nice, I thin that's what I will have next time.

Dad treated me to some red wine to go with the steak and that was also very good.  I was horrified at the cost though.  Won't be doing that again in a hurry but it was nice for a treat.

I am getting on with the knitting and about half way through the second shepherd.  They're about 8 inches tall, these nativity figures, but there's a lot of knitting as it is DK yarn and size 11 needles so it's a tight and firm 'texture'.  I am enjoying it and, at the moment, rather hoping someone else will ask me to make a set for them.  I might feel different after seven 'people' plus three sheep and a baby in a manger but we will see.

There are a number of reasons why I'm enjoying this project.  It's good to have something to do with my hands of an evening: it stops the food picking and I don't feel guilty at sitting doing 'nothing'.  I'm slowly using up my over-large stash of yarn.  I know this project will be used and appreciated.  Finally, I love knitting and there's a purpose to it.

Today I have no idea what we're doing but, whatever we do, it will be enjoyable, I am sure.  I hope you all have a good day too.

2 comments:

  1. I like Greenhowe patterns and have knitted several things from that booklet bu not a big project like yours. The Father Xmas and toy soldier go well. Jx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the photos you posted on Facebook. Beautifully knitted. Her things are really good, albeit rather fiddly at times.
    J x

    ReplyDelete