Tuesday 20 February 2024

Tuesday, 20-04-24

Morning, all.  No rain overnight as far as I can tell, which is a bloomin' miracle!  Now it can just stay that way for a while, please.

They're sending out the new financial year stuff now.  Last week I got info about the state pension and yesterday I got my updated tax code and info about what I still call 'water rates'.  At first glance I did a double take as it seemed to have more than doubled but then I remembered that they have now amalgamated the water and the sewerage payments that have been separate payments for the last however many years.  It's still gone up but 'only' by just under £8 a month, not great but manageable.  And we can't manage without their services, can we?

All I need now in info about Council Tax and I will have a clear view of how much my monthly outgoings will be from April onward.  That will be helpful.  As for income, I can wait for info about the teachers' pension, that's not a problem.  My third little income source may go up or down but it goes straight into savings anyway so no worries.
I'm sure my car insurance will have shot up but I've been saving all year, every since I decided to pay the lot at once rather than monthly, so the money is there and waiting, thank goodness.  

Circuits was so good yesterday but, as I mentioned that yesterday, I won't repeat myself so will just say the sense of achievement lasted all day!  Nice.

The sun came out so I decided to risk it and hang the washing out on the line.  I'm very glad I did as the sun lasted until sunset and the washing dried nicely.
I took my time with the housework and it was all very pleasant.  There's such a good feeling when you sit down in the evening after a nice dinner with a sense of achievement - simple pleasures.

Today, Chris and I will be walking down to the hall for Groove.  Then it's upstairs housework and, perhaps, a garden centre trip later on, if I want.  Nothing too strenuous.  😊

Have a lovely day, everyone.  Take care and stay safe and well.  xx

8 comments:

  1. I’m waiting to find out how much the increase is in my teacher’s pension as that’ our main source of income. We are looking at having new double glazing fitted but may have to do front then back judging by the prices. Crafty class today. Catriona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Double glazing costs an arm and a leg nowadays, doesn't it? Good luck with that.
      I wonder when they will let us know.
      Enjoy the crafty class. xx

      Delete
  2. Car insurance has jumped massively recently, ours has and husband had quite a lot of quotes which were all much higher than the previous year's. Not just us either, several friends have been saying the same. But, like the water, it's one of those things we simply must have. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, can't manage without it, assuming one has a car. You just have to bite the bullet and I'm glad I have it saved. xx

      Delete
  3. In Scotland our council tax rate covers everything so it's just one payment for all the services. I pay £261 a month which is a huge chunk of my pension. Just one of the reasons I'm downsizing!! :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That really is a lot. I don't know about my rates yet but it's not going to amount to that much altogether. (I hope). xx

      Delete
  4. Hardly anything is ever reduced these days - in fact, I can't think of anything. UK is not a welcoming place for the poor and/or homeless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadly, no, it's not. Very difficult when it is through no fault of your own. xx

      Delete