Friday 16 February 2024

Friday, 16-02-24

Good morning, everyone.  Friday again and the weekend is within grabbing distance.  What a beautiful day's weather we had round here yesterday.  Completely spring like with sunshine and temperatures up to around 18C which is absolutely bonkers.  However, it's rained again overnight and everything is dripping as I type while the forecast is for light rain at times.  Not this afternoon, I hope, as I want to get those bedding flowers out.

It was lovely to be back at Hyde Hall yesterday.  There were loads and loads of snowdrops out as well as early daffs and some crocuses while the hellebores were an absolute picture.  The grass was very soggy and a lot of it was cordoned off so we had to stick to the paths but that was OK, there were plenty of people there but it really didn't feel crowded in the slightest.

I took a few photos, of course.






I'm putting something in my diary to remind me to go back in two to three weeks' time and then in about five to six weeks' time when the tulips will be out.  There are so many coming up.

All in all, we had a really lovely time there.

There was an email waiting when I got home to let me know that my bed base and headboard are both ready for delivery.  I chose a date from the selection available - not next week but the week after - so that is something to look forward to, isn't it?

Today, being Friday, is Slimming World day.  Once that's done and dusted, I need to pop into Morrisons for a few things and then it's pretty much all home based stuff - some housework, a bit of ironing and I'd like to get the bedding plants out, if possible.  And then, if time permits, I might trundle off to another garden centre to see what they have in the way of tallish and narrow shrubs/little trees - although I think this year I might just have a couple of wigwams of sweet peas to give a bit of height, one in the bed and one in a pot.  

I don't have very much on over the weekend so I can focus a bit more on the garden - always weather permitting, of course.
Have a lovely Friday, whatever your plans are.  xx

18 comments:

  1. Yes, yesterday was lovely and warm here too. I love popping into a garden cetre but today I must go to the library where 5 books are waiting for me on the reserve shelf!! Hope the rain clears up soon.Val.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Five? How lovely. No mystery what you will be doing over the weekend, I guess.
      The rain has stopped already and the sun is trying to visit. xx

      Delete
  2. It's a beautiful morning here and possibly the last fine day for a while, so we must make the most of it. Enjoy your weekend, Joy. x x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. It’s much milder here today but the ground is till very wet. I looked at primula in Lidl yesterday but decided I wouldn’t buy them until I had weeded the side garden. Your photos are a bright spot on a grey day. Catriona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wise. I didn't plant them out yesterday. ALso, I'm still trying to decide . . . xx

      Delete
  4. We have a fine day today, yesterday was abysmal!
    Enjoy your gardening
    Alison in Wales x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Didn't do any in the end - I had a thoroughly sleepy afternoon - and still slept wall all night long. :-) xx

      Delete
  5. Those flowers really lift the spirits. Have a lovely day. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gorgeous, aren't they. I love it there. xx

      Delete
  6. Sweet Peas wigwam in a pot! Thank you for the inspiration; that will do nicely in my garden too, so I must organise some seeds. I think Nasturtiums will add colour too. > > > > >

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They would - and they are good at diverting blackfly from other plants, I believe. I love Sweet William for colour too. xx

      Delete
  7. Lovely pictures. How wonderful that spring has "sprung" there. We had lovely sunny weather but it was pretty cold out.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been unseasonably mild and I wonder whether there will be a sting in the tail but, for now, I'm just enjoying that it is mild and I'm not using as much gas for heating. :-) xx

      Delete
  8. Oh, the flowers are just lovely. Do share the photos of your next visits with us. We won't be seeing spring here for several weeks so I can live vicariously through your photos. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hyde Hall is a really lovely place and I'm glad you liked the photos. I will share the next lot as well. Thanks, Maebeme xx

      Delete
  9. Such beautiful flowers! My sister said it was fairly mild. She ended up going to Felixstowe and sitting on Mum's bench.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How lovely. I hope she found it comforting. xx

      Delete