Thursday 22 February 2024

Thursday, 22-02-24

Good morning, everyone.  How are you all today?
I don't think it's raining right now but it is forecast, plus some thundery showers which doesn't sound nice at all.  Let's hope it isn't too bad but I feel for the local children - such horrible weather for them (and their parents) over their half term break.

I decided to take the bus into town yesterday, despite the rain, and I'm glad I did.  It might have been wet but it was nice to be out in the fresh air for a while.
I went to John Lewis first and paid for the headboard so that's all sorted for Monday's delivery now.  Then I headed over to the bedding and got a couple more fitted bottom sheets as the ones I have are pretty battered now.  Just their basic ones which are perfectly good quality, although some of their more expensive ranges were really very lovely to touch and would be cosy to sleep on.  But expensive!!

I did a bit of meandering around a few shops but I was getting wet and decided to head back to the bust - there wasn't anywhere I particularly wanted to go anyway, apart from Boots to get some ibuprofen as I was completely out.

Once home, I had a late breakfast before doing a bit of housework (not the garden room, I wanted to stay inside), making something for taster day at SW on Friday, making dinner (a curry so best to make it early and reheat) and getting the new sheets into the washing machine.  They're now dry and ironed and ready for use (on Monday!)

Personal Training was as good as ever.  I do enjoy the sessions, although Lindsey works me hard at times.  That's what I'm there for so I don't mind in the least.

Today is pretty full although not exactly busy.  I'm going to skip SET class online first thing so I can sort out a few things before going over to Chris' for coffee and chat.  After that, Diane is over and, hopefully, we are popping over to Longacres for lunch and another chat!!
I'll catch up on SET later in the afternoon as it is the one Lindsey records and gets onto YouTube where I can save it in a folder to use any time.
So - a full day but not busy in the usual sense.  Thunderstorms or not, I'm looking forward to it very much.  

Stay warm and dry, everyone, and have a good day.  xx

18 comments:

  1. I'm doing nothing much today and going nowhere - the continuous rain is very depressing - plenty to read though!
    Have a good day- stay dry

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is miserable at the moment, I agree. We need a nice lo9ng period of sunshine to brighten everything up/ Happy reading. xx

      Delete
  2. Absolutely bucketing down when I got up....it's eased off a bit but is still raining and dark and just horrible! The weather person yesterday said February has been the wettest so far for years, and there's still more to come! And yet some people say there's no such thing as climate change/global warming....Have a lovely (hopefully dry) time with Chris and Diane xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whether it's climate change/warming/just one of those things, who knows, but it's more than a bit depressing, all the same. Looking on the brighter side, it's not far from March now and the days are getting longer - and the sun is still there, behind the clouds. :-)
      xx

      Delete
  3. Yes, it's raining again here in Berkshire. Everything looks very green but the grass is being churned up when the dogs go out to play;-) x x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can imagine . . . and they must get pretty muddy too. xx

      Delete
  4. We were wakened at 3am by battering rain on the windows and then I slept til 9 am. I now feel all disconcerted but will crack on with today’s task after my coffee. Catriona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh goodness, it must have been raining so very hard. It's late afternoon now nd it is chucking it down . . . not nice at all. xx

      Delete
  5. It seems like it’s rained every day since October even though I know that’s not true as last Thursday we visited a snowdrop garden and then had a walk along Littlehampton prom and lunch sitting outside in the sunshine and I gardened for three hours last Friday afternoon. I live on a hill in the lower folds of the South Downs and have a very well-drained sandy soil garden and I’m definitely keeping off the grass today. Thank goodness for the gym which we’ve recently joined and is keeping me sane on these endless wet days. We played pickle ball first thing yesterday and then I went for my usual Wednesday lunchtime swim. I also did my first ever Pilates class on Tuesday morning where we used squishy balls between our thighs and weights. Having a rest day today and doing some peaceful canvaswork embroidery and hoping to have a short walk this afternoon if the rain clears. My husband has Parkinson’s and doing something sporty or active every day is so important for him and me. Have a lovely day Joy and keep moving … Sarah in Sussex

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It feels like it, doesn't it, Sarah, and we have had an awful lot of rain this winter. Your activities sound great and I hope you've really enjoyed today. xx

      Delete
  6. I've spent far too much time sitting reading lately. Can't wait till it's warm and dry enough to get some serious gardening done

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was surprised that as an Aldi shopper you said you were going to Boots for your ibuprofen because you can pick it up there much cheaper and because of the laws around selling drugs it has to meet certain set standards and is therefore just as good. Jane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I was rather shocked at the difference, but I had to go into town and Boots was there. It's Aldi usually, when I'm going to Adi. :-) xx

      Delete
  8. Joy, it sounds like you had a lovely though slightly wet day. You are so dedicated to your exercise programs, I really wish I could be that way. Perhaps I could get rid of some "fluffiness" if I was.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I try to, not always successfully! I do an awful lot more than I used to though. :-) Give it a go - there are so many resources around. xx

      Delete
  9. Sometimes it's nice just to get out and have a look around. We took the baby out for a bit yesterday but she was not happy so it didn't last long!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, bless her. I'm sure she will get used to it soon. The fresh air must be good for her too, assuming it isn't too cold. xx

      Delete