Saturday 10 February 2024

Saturday, 10-02-24

Good morning, everyone, and welcome to a Sunny Saturday (it is here, anyway), such a change from the dampness of the last few days.  Whether it will last or not, goodness knows, but fingers crossed.
Thanks for all your lovely comments about what you make for guests.  Pasta based meals seem very popular, plus good old roasts.  All delicious and not too time consuming.

Yesterday evening was really lovely.  The lasagne was delicious and there's a couple of small portions left over.  One's in the freezer (it did get reheated properly so should be fine) and the other is on today's menu!
I ended up making an Italian salad dressing to go with the mixed salad and that was delicious too.  I tend not to make my own salad dressings but maybe I should more.  It's not as if they are tricky after all, most of them anyway!
The M&S tiramisu was so good and, thankfully, Dave and Anna took the last bit home with them.
Now I just have to polish off the remaining leftovers and rehydrate.  Not quite a hangover but definitely not 100%!  

Today is going to be an easy day.  If I feel like it and the weather is still playing ball, I will carry on with the back garden and I still have a bit of ironing outstanding but . . . maybe I will, maybe I won't.  We will see!

Have a lovely Saturday, everyone.  Stay safe, warm and dry!  xx

18 comments:

  1. Your evening sounded lovely. Such events make the following days so pleasurable, I find, recalling conversations and so on.x x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely. It was a really good evening. xx

      Delete
  2. So glad you had a nice time x
    Alison in Wales x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would have kept the left over Tiramasu and sent the left over lasagne off with family! But that's why I never lose weight!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. < chuckle . I so rarely have a formal dessert, it wouldn't save me any time whereas keeping the lasagne means two mains where all I have to do it reheat thoroughly and cook some veg or make a salad. And I do prefer savoury to sweet. xx

      Delete
  4. Sounds like a lovely evening. A small amount of leftovers is always nice. I do the hope the sunshine continues for you. It looks like we're in for some more snow today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadly the sun has left, pushed out by some more rain. Never mind, at least we had some sun. Wishing you not very much snow at all . . . xx

      Delete
  5. A lovely evening. You can't beat a good lasagne in my opinion :) And I think they taste even nicer when reheated the following day. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This one certainly did. I've had a lovely dinner today. :-) xx

      Delete
  6. You had a lovely evening and a really great meal. I tend to make coleslaw dressing, but have never tried my hand at any others. You have given me some impetus to try and make a few of my own.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This one was easy. Red wine vinegar, honey (I used agave nectar as I am out of honey although I dithered about maple syrup), Dijon mustard, garlic, Italian seasoning and salt and pepper, whisked together. Then I whisked in half extra virgin olive oil and vegetable out (what the recipe said), adding the oil very slowly and it emulsified really well. In the bottle it does separate slightly but a little shake brings it all together again. Like you, I tend to buy dressings but I think from now on I will make them. It was so very easy and has to be better value as well as minimal nasty additives, gums, emulsifiers, etc . . .
      And it tasted so very good. xx

      Delete
  7. How did you manage to give away the tiramasu. That's one of my favourite desserts. ☺

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol - I'm more a savoury kinda girl, more than happy to keep the lasagne! It was really delicious though. xx

      Delete
  8. Good to have a lovely enjoyable evening with family and delicious food. I always make up my own salad dressing and keep it in a 'spent' vinegar bottle in the fridge. It just needs a couple of shakes when I want to use it and lasts for ages.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that's what I will do from now on. I had an old 'posh gin' bottle, a small one, with a metal top covered in wood so it looks really stylish! That is now my dressing bottle. I do (or maybe did) have a nice glass one with a pouring lip and glass stopper but could I find it anywhere??? xx

      Delete
  9. Glad the meal went well and that you had an enjoyable evening together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much. It was such a pleasant time. xx

      Delete