Wednesday 9 March 2016

Wednesday

Good morning, gentle readers.  For the first time in several days I woke up to a not-frosty world today.  Chucking with rain and soaking wet, yes, but no frost.  I'm happy that I don't have to be outside much today.

Yesterday was just like the good old days.  Out at nine and not home again until four.  Well, nearly anyway.  I went into school to do reading with one of the Foundation Stage classes.  The children are now used to me and keep coming up to say 'Are you reading with me today?' or 'Is it my turn yet?'.  Isn't it nice to be wanted?
Then it was home for a very quick lunch followed by a zoom into town to one of the big churches where the Infant Music Festival was doing its first day thing.  I immediately got roped into helping with the orchestra, a band of percussionists from various schools, a-clutching their instruments firmly and hoping they could play on (or off) the beat as required.


 I hadn't seen the music before but it wasn't too hard and we all had a jolly good time.
And I didn't dream of 'one, two, three and rest' all night but it was a close run thing!

No bread making yesterday, you will be relieved to hear!

I'm sending 'keep going' vibes to my (ex)colleagues.  Tonight is the first of two Consultation Evenings (tomorrow is the second of them) and I have to say it is not something I am missing.  Don't get me wrong, I loved meeting the parents and having a good talk about their child's progress but after a long day at school it was a killer, it really was.

Well, on to today's food for those who are interested:
B:  toast and a poached egg, apple
L:  sandwich and cake (not my choice but there you are)
D:  Plaice in crumbs and some wedges, fruit yogurt


Just to finish off, the other day I just managed to catch a lovely sunset.


2 comments:

  1. Have you seen the newly published marking guidelines?! My teacher is off with flu so it's day 3 of me covering. Deep joy

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, I haven't, Rachel - are they bad?
    Why don't they get a supply teacher in? I bet they don't pay you supply teacher rate and it's not fair or right.
    J x

    ReplyDelete