Thursday 3 March 2016

Thursday

Good morning, everyone.  After quite a miserable day yesterday, on and off, with lashing rain and strong, icy winds, it's lovely and sunny right now, albeit pretty cold.  We had no snow as far as I know, though.

Today is a busy day.  Homey things this morning and this afternoon a couple of friends are over.  Should be fun.

Yesterday the bannetons arrived but, unfortunately, too late for the loaf I was making.  As you can use them for ordinary bread as well, I will try one out on the granary/wholemeal loaf, the dough for which is currently rising nicely.  The other I will bake normally, just in case, because I will need it!

Unusually for me, I popped into the Approved Foods website to see if there was anything and, even more unusually, there was.  They had bags of Hovis granary flour for 50p each.  Now, bearing in mind that they normally cost around the £1.70 mark, that was a significant saving.  I managed to find enough other stuff to make the minimum spend so placed an order.  I have checked and the flour can safely be kept in the freezer so I have no worries about keeping the flour.  My half and half granary/wholemeal loaves are my favourites.

I generally find that Approved Foods only has the sort of bargains I neither need nor want - highly processed food stuffs like cakes, biscuits, sweets, jars of sauces, etc. but maybe I ought to check a bit more often.  Certainly there are significant savings to be made if and only if it's what you would buy anyway.  It's too easy to be sucked in to getting rubbish though.

Well, I'd better be finishing now.
Today's food is
B:  marmite on toast, apple
L:  soup and yogurt
D:  I'm eating out so no idea right now.

Have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment