Wednesday 23 March 2016

Wednesday

Good morning, gentle readers.

After the cold and frosty start to the day, out came the sun and it was glorious.  It warmed up very quickly and most people (sensible people who don't wake so early) had no idea there had been a frost at all.  By the time I walked out to collect the class, they had very sensibly taken off their coats and were enjoying the mildness.

The morning went as mornings at school usually do.  No assembly because of the concert but I didn't get to see it because my class had their turn yesterday.  This made me sad - it is the very first time ever I haven't been able to see the concert and as I started them all off in the first place decades ago, I feel a sort of possessive things about them, albeit very much at a distance nowadays.  Changing times, eh.

We thought about going out in the afternoon but ended up talking for ages over a bowl of peanuts!

Today I am in school again this morning and taking my friend to the station this afternoon.  I have no planning to work on as it's all done and ready.  Looking forward to it.

Today's food:
B:  I have some left over mash from Monday so I think I will make tattie scones as I don't want to throw it away.  A poached egg will go nicely with them.
L:  I'm not sure.  I will see what my friend would like later.
D:  I have some roast beef to finish off so probably just slices of that with some veg.  Not terribly exciting but I have no other ideas right now!

And now for my first coffee . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment