Tuesday 22 March 2016

Tuesday

Good morning.

After a dull day yesterday, the clouds must have lifted overnight because at the moment it is extremely cold and there's a frost!  Once again, I am thankful for my central heating!
Thank you, Google Images.
Yesterday was really a pottering day.   I baked and my friend worked.  We talked about meals as she has some specific dietary needs and I made a shopping list.  Then I popped in to school to deliver the bread, find out what I am teaching this morning and do the shopping.

Then it was home again for lunch - home made broccoli soup with bread to dunk - soda bread for her and a roll for me.

After a little while, we drove to Admirals Park, a lovely open space in the middle of the town but somewhere I have not really used.  We meandered around the gardens, across the bridge and along the river, sad on a bench, had a good natter and then came back again.  Brrrr - it was jolly chilly and there wasn't much sun to warm things up either, but it was pleasant and I shall go again soon, especially as there's a very nice, purpose built, free car park by the side.
I shall definitely have to go again in the summer, when this Google photo was taken.
Once home I set to and made a fish pie.  It was a little bit of a challenge because of what my friend cannot have, but it was delicious and I shall make a note of the recipe for another time.  Suffice it to say there was none left!

Then I had an early night because of school this morning.  I have the plans and remember teaching those lessons last year.

I'm not sure what we're doing this afternoon but we will go out somewhere, weather permitting, maybe along to Hylands.

Food:
B:  pikelet and poached egg
L:  tuna sarnies, fruit
D:  vegetable curry with rice, yogurt


No comments:

Post a Comment