Saturday 19 March 2016

Saturday

Where has the sun gone?  Yesterday was dull, gloomy and damp at times (drizzle) and this morning looks just the same.  I am so glad that we fitted Hyde Hall in on Thursday when we had glorious sunshine all day.

After Mum and Dad left yesterday I pottered around, did some housework and some knitting and was half way through the ironing when Beth phone.

'Mum, I'm just going to Hobbycraft.  Want to come?'

So I said I was right in the middle of some very exciting ironing and therefore couldn't possibly . . . .

No, I tell a lie.  Within five minutes I was in the car and on my way!  Beth didn't need much so we had a wander round and - er - some things just jumped into the trolley, didn't they!

After that I rushed home to wait in for the electrician and now I have a mended socket and Thermione is back in her usual place again.

Today looks like being more of the same.  Not Hobbycraft but general housework and some crafting.  I also have some washing to peg out (in the damp and gloom) after tracking down a bad smell to the manky cloth I used to mop up the mess made when some eggs smashed onto the floor earlier on in the week.

I did a bit of a google search and found a neat looking, free paper pattern for little waistcoats, just like the patchwork one we have made.  I printed it out, stuck the bits together and I am knocking one up for a two to three year old, just to see how it works.  It won't take a lot of sewing!

That's about it really.  A quiet and, hopefully, trouble free day.  I hope yours is as pleasant.

No comments:

Post a Comment