Wednesday 18 July 2018

Wednesday

Good morning, everyone.  We're back to dull mornings again, quite fresh right now but dull.  Not a patch on yesterday's sun-filled delight (see photo below)  but then yesterday had turned dull and humid by the afternoon so maybe today will be the opposite.

(It does look so much more friendly with the cushions, doesn't it?)

It was a busier day than I had expected.  I made lunch, whizzed into school to sign a few cards and make a few donations, whizzed over to Morrisons for a few bits and bobs, whizzed home, made a frittata for dinner (to be had cold with salad), made mayonnaise for the coleslaw as a treat on a day when both remaining meals had guests and welcomed my first guest.

It was very pleasant to stop whizzing and chat as we ate, catching up on all sorts of stuff.  She brought me some nectarines, I gave her some golden yellow courgettes from the allotment.  Fair exchange!

After she had gone, I looked over my planning after tidying up the kitchen and then had time for a read.  Not outside, it was a bit humid for that and the sun had disappeared, but never mind.
Tuition, as usual, was fun and I was proudly shown another report.

Then Beth arrived.  We scooted down to the allotment, dug some potatoes, pulled some courgettes, did a little bit of weeding and came back for dinner as Beth didn't fancy eating down there.  I have to say the courgette frittata went down well, accompanied by cold new potatoes (allotment), salad and coleslaw.  All very delicious.

Not totally the day I had planned but you know what they say about plans.
“The best laid schemes o' mice an' men
Gang aft a-gley.”
How true!

On to today.  I'm back in school at 9:30 to finish the meeting from Monday afternoon and then I'm staying for the 'Goodbye assembly' to say farewell to some staff who are moving on to pastures new.
After that it should be a quieter day and I'm dithering between allotment and swimming; there's not time for both.
Then some tuition and finally an evening in front of the telly watching  Back in Time for Tea (repeat) and then either some more Next Gen DVD or some Doctor Who on iPlayer.     
(Or, more likely, gently snoozing in my comfy chair)

Should be good!









5 comments:

  1. How strange I too made my own mayonnaise but mine is on a potato salad. It really is a bit frightening when you see how much oil it takes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a busy time you are having, Joy! And I just love your garden and arbour!
    Margaret P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Diane, it does make you realise, doesn't it, quite how oil laden it is. It also makes me wonder what 'they' do to get the lower fat version.
    Margaret, I'm really enjoying life. It will slow down next week when the school holidays start. No helping out in school, very little tuition, etc. I'm looking forward to trips out, etc. Maybe get the bus to Maldon or Southend, definitely visit properties around here, just expand a bit.
    J x

    ReplyDelete
  4. The arbour does look lovely and your meal sounds delicious. Home grown produce is the best.
    I am glad you mentioned Back in time for tea - I will look out for it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've missed the first two episodes so iPlayer, here I come. I do enjoy the Back in Time programmes.

    ReplyDelete