Monday 2 July 2018

Monday

Good morning, everyone.  Welcome to another bright and clear early morning.  In fact, the forecast on Countryfile yesterday indicated that it's will stay this way until at least the weekend. 

I've been with Mum and Dad over the weekend and will be travelling home in a few hours, before it gets too hot.  It's been a nice gentle weekend when I have done all the cooking (phew) and enjoyed not having much else to do.  I refuse to be jealous of Dad's tomatoes!

Today, once home, will be airing the home, watering the allotment, a little bit of planning and lunch before I go into school to help out in Foundation Stage.  For once, I'm not looking forward to that as it's going to be very hot in the FS area.  There are rules and regulations governing working temperature for office staff, etc, in school, but nothing for the children and the teachers and those flat roofed rooms can get very uncomfortable.

After that it is tuition followed by, I hope, Wimbledon.  Between that and the world cup, there's not much chance of watching my usual telly but if I get tired of the former there's always my Star Trek DVDs to entertain!

And then, later on, as the day comes to an end, I will water my own little patch.  I wonder if there's any baby runners yet!

2 comments:

  1. Another hot day here in Scotland - I am just watering the very needy plants with the watering can - the grass is looking very brown now we could do with a refreshing shower.
    Glad you had a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. It was lovely.
    I've watered the garden and been down the allotment to water also. It was very pleasant this evening in the shade with a breeze blowing. Some rain would be wonderful but nothing is forecast for ages.

    ReplyDelete