Monday 30 July 2018

Monday

Good morning, everyone.  We've had more rain overnight and there's rain in the air as I type.  Just light drizzle really but so very refreshing.  More is needed to really replenish the moisture in the soil but I'm grateful for what we've already had anyway.

Yesterday was fairly quiet.  I finished all Beth's ironing and, as she came over in the afternoon, it's all gone now and I made her promise she would put it all away/hang it up properly immediately when she got home.  I did a bit of clearing and tidying and had a good relax with my Kindle.  To be honest, that was about it really.  There's a busy week ahead so a day of rest was appreciated.

Today I have a holiday tuition session first thing.  Then I need to make sure the house is tidy for my lovely cleaner.  After that, Alex and I are going to Matalan so he can buy a pile of new socks, his old ones being in a disgraceful state!  What an exciting life I live!

Then the day's my own do I will probably sort out some washing, make dinner early (chick pea curry so good for reheating) and deal with some weeds.

Finally, I have eaten two tomatoes, one a maybe-sungold and one an authentic sungold.  Both were delicious and I could detect no difference in flavour so I was right to use the self seeded baby plants.  Several other tomatoes are now changing colour so it won't be long before I am inundated with them  I love it when we get to that point.

Ah - the sun seems to be coming out!  I need to have my bath and get ready to face the day so I'll stop waffling.  Have a splendid day, whatever you intend to do.

5 comments:

  1. Will you carry on with the tuition for the entire school holiday?

    It's stopped raining, is overcast and very muggy today. We're due some more rain later this afternoon if the forecast is accurate, but until then I might try to do a bit of tidying up in the garden. The heavy rain, much as we needed it, has finished off some of the crocosmia which are now no longer upright!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Envious of you eating your own-grown toms. I think ours will be a disaster, dahling! One of the plants has snapped in the wind, and the first two, as I mentioned, were vile. Oh dear, we aren't very good at this growing lark, are we?
    Have a jolly week,
    Margaret P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eileen, if the crocosmia aren't actually broken, they may well pick up again, given time. It looks like more rain here too and I really cannot complain, it is so needed. I'm enjoying feeling just comfortably warm again too rather than baking hot.
    One child is continuing for the whole holiday, a few others are intermittent, depending on when they're on holiday. I'm flexible!

    Margaret, it's such a shame about your tomatoes. The snapped plant will send out side shoot below the 'snap' but maybe you don't feel it's worth the time and effort. (and I love Mr R-H too, he makes me laugh)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mr R-H? You've lost me there, Joy!
    Margaret P

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mr Craig Revell-Horwood on Strictly. 'A disaster, dahling' is one of his catchphrases. :-)

    ReplyDelete