Sunday 15 July 2018

Sunday

Good morning, everyone.  It's yet another bright, sunny morning, predicted to get very hot later on.  We honestly thought rain was imminent yesterday when it grew very gloomy and humid but, no, not even a rumble of thunder was to be heard.

It was a quiet day if you can call watching Wimbledon quiet.  The end of the second men's semifinal was so exciting and I expected the women's final to be an anti climax but it really wasn't.  I'm no expert but it seems to me that Williams was just slightly over-hitting and if she could have controlled that aspect a bit more, the result could have been different.  It was an exciting match with some great tennis shown by both ladies.

And it is well worth noting that a British pair has won the wheelchair doubles - many congratulations to Alfie Hewett and Gordon Reid, not only for this win but for a Wimbledon hat-trick!

Today looks like being more of the same.  The potatoes have all been eaten now (we rather ODed on them yesterday and they were so lovely) so I need to dig some more at my next watering visit which won't be until tomorrow.  I have washing, drying and ironing to do and there's some more tennis to enjoy.

Have a good day!

A message for Amy from 'Love Made My Home'.  I'm really sorry - I've been checking back over comments and looked at the spam section for the first time in ages and there were a couple of comments from you there, sent back in February.  I have no idea why they were put in there and I'm so sorry that I didn't notice or respond.
Must check the spam folder a bit more often!

7 comments:

  1. I agree about the tennis, I sat and watched it all afternoon. Serena did an amazing job to even be in the final - she's not even back to peak fitness yet! The two ladies were so complimentary about each other, lovely to see that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She has been amazing, I agree, and I best she'll be back again next year! They both showed great sportsmanship and mutual respect for each other. It was really good to see and hear.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've loved the tennis, will be sad to see the end today

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's very hot already here. It'll be another day resting inside for me - I think I've strained something behind my knee - so if I remember I might try to watch the men's final. According to the forecast we are due rain on tomorrow and again on Friday in this area so lets hope that's correct.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sue, it has been a good couple of weeks, hasn't it. Noisy (!) but good. xx

    Eileen, that doesn't sound great! Resting sounds a very good idea, preferably cold drink in hand and the fan on. Take care. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't stand tennis but I do love potatoes! Haha.
    People have said that they sent messages to my blog but they weren't received. I will have to
    Check where Wordpress hides spam.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It might be worth it. I don't know how Wordpress works but they have to be somewhere.
    xx

    ReplyDelete