Tuesday 10 July 2018

Tuesday

Good morning, everyone.  It's dull this morning, the earlier sun is behind clouds and I shall close the windows again as it feels a bit chilly.  No complaints, it just feels odd.

I received some shocking news yesterday.  A friend, just my age, died suddenly yesterday.  I can't really take it in.  I hope she is at peace at last.
RIP, dear C.

I had an email yesterday, from the teacher whose class I help out in, saying not to come so I didn't.  I went swimming instead!  Around twelve is obviously a good time to go; there was plenty of space and the people who were there were more interested in swimming than in chatting with their mates as they block the way!  The pool was colder than usual though one warms up soon enough; I wonder if they've reduced the temperature in this hot weather.

Tuition was, as always, good fun.  The wind got up while I was 'tuting' and we had to turn the fan off as it felt cold.  Amazing to feel cold, rather pleasant really.  It is getting near to the end of the school year now and the children are pretty weary sop I'm taking things easy with them and not pushing too hard.  They'll pick up in the new term.

Today is a bit busier but still very pleasant.  First of all I am into school to watch the dress rehearsal for the Y5 and 6 show.  These are always good fun and it's nice to watch with the children.  I'm seeing the show proper on Wednesday morning!

Then, around lunch time, we should have a real excitement.  As I think you will all know, the RAF is organising a flypast to celebrate their 100th birthday today.  It's due to reach Buckingham Palace at 1:00 but on the way there it should fly directly over my house!   I will certainly be out in my garden, camera in hand, although I may not get any good photos.  We will just have to see.
At school, they are having lunch early so all the children can be finished and out on the field to see it.
Here's a link with a description of what should be part of the flypast.
http://www.itv.com/news/anglia/2018-07-09/where-you-can-see-the-rafs-spectacular-birthday-flypast/

Once that's over, there's tuition and then, hopefully, a picnic with Beth down the allotment, weather permitting.
No time for swimming today so I'm glad I could fit it in yesterday.


Edited to add - I've just realised I only used one half of the curtain fabric (slow on the uptake, that's me) so I have more to play with.  What next, I wonder?  Maybe a quilty thing to tie to the back of the arbour seat?   Ideas, please?

8 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry to read about your friend Joy. It must have come as a shock for you x.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Jules. Yes, it did. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. It's always a shock to hear such sad news, so sending {{{hugs}}}.

    How about making a lap quilt with the rest of the fabric for use on dry days when the colder autumn days return?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Eileen.

    That's a thought. I need to ponder on it a bit, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry to hear of your loss Joy, a awful shock for you. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, it was. Thank you. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sorry about your friend - I lost my work colleague of 13 years in 2015 and I still miss her so much. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's always sad to lose a friend, isn't it? I'm sorry for your loss too. xxx

    ReplyDelete