Thursday 12 July 2018

Thursday

Good morning, everyone.
It's another very dull but dry morning, a bit humid (so what's new) but if it's anything like yesterday it will brighten up later.  No rain yesterday.

The upper Juniors' show, The Amazing Adventures of Superstan, was absolutely brilliant.  They just keep getting better and better and this year was no exception.  It was also extremely funny - some of those kids have a real comic ability and there were a lot of laughs.  I also got a bit tearful towards the end - half of them will be moving on to secondary and we won't see many of them again.  I taught one of those Y6 classes in Y1, of course, and how that have come on!!!
It'll be worse next year as I taught BOTH next year's Y6 classes in Y1 or Y2 and also they will be the last year group in the school that I will have taught.  Bitter-sweet indeed and I'm sure tears will flow.

Swimming was good too - very few people in the pool so I didn't have to 'lane-hop' at all to avoid bumping anyone else.

I was cross with myself though.  Later on in the day, I got bleach down the front of a favourite T shirt and it is now ruined.  The only consolation is that it was getting a bit too big anyway but all the same, I liked it.  Serves me right!

Am I the only person in the country not to have watched any world cup matches?  It certainly feels like it and I had so laugh as I hauled out my metal and glass recycling box this morning.  All the others that I could see were absolutely laden with beer and lager cans.  Mine?  Diet coke!!!  Football just isn't my thing in any way and even a world cup isn't enough to change my mind on that one.

I am hoping that today will be educational!  Alex should be coming round to teach me how to use a bus to get into town (and back again) and I will be treating hime to lunch as a thank you.  It's daft to have a bus pass and not to use it, isn't it?  If I have to get old, I should make the best of the compensations!

Later on, there's tuition so I have to be back by a certain time and after that a lazy evening, hopefully.

I've just had more good news about another Y6 pupil and SATs.  A very happy start to the day.

A couple more blogs that I read and enjoy are changing.  It's the same story - unnecessary, unpleasant, unkind comments causing anger, distress, annoyance.  Why do people do it?  It baffles me that anyone should think it appropriate to make comments of that kind.  They certainly wouldn't say them face to face, I am sure.

And now that's been said, I need to do some clearing up and give the garden a drink.  Have a good day!

3 comments:

  1. You're not the only one Joy, I haven't watched any football matches either. I have zero interest in the game.

    Enjoy your 'learning to use the bus' lesson today. Do you think you'll use the bus much in the future? I'm debating getting a senior railcard as I think I will make good use of that but am not sure about the benefits (to me) of using our local buses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got drawn into last night's football and ended up thoroughly revel up so I read until midnight and now need matchsticks!
    I suspect one of the blogs you mention is one that I read too.it had already closed comments when I looked this morning.
    I'm glad it's not closed completely but it feels odd not being able to comment. It's rather like looking forward to going to see someone and finding them out.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eileen, I'll let you know. If it's really convenient, I think maybe I will use the bus more unless I know I will be getting heavy stuff.

    Sue, I'm glad I'm not teaching today as I think a lot of the children will be in the same state.
    And yes, that's exactly how it feels. It's an odd feeling. I think we are thinking of the same one and I totally understand why, I truly do, but it's a strange feeling.

    ReplyDelete