Friday 5 April 2013

Friday

Good morning!  It's still jolly cold here.  Yesterday it snowed or, just occasionally, sleeted virtually all day.  It wasn't cold enough to settle, of course, so everything stayed dark, dull and soaking wet.  Then, at some point in the late afternoon, it all cleared up and we had a beautiful sunset.  Yes, we saw the sun and very cheering it was too!

Nothing very exciting happened until the evening when I met up with L and J at our favourite watering hole, the Hare at Roxwell.  It's a while since we last met so we had a lot of catching up to do and news to share.  A lovely evening even though my voice kept going.  I didn't talk at all during the day yesterday, being on my own all day, so it was a bit of a shock when I tried to sing as I was getting ready to pick J up and out came a Pingu-like honk!  It's not much better right now but I'm sure it will improve during the day.

Today Matt is coming to repair the hot water (hopefully).  For a while I've been heating my water on immersion but I'm hoping that tomorrow's bath water will be just that bit hotter and more of it!  I must remember to book him for a full heating service some time over half term or the summer.  I didn't ask him last year.

This evening I have a friend coming round for a meal and a chat and I must get the last bits of that sorted.  I've decided to have nibbles when she arrives and then I've done three curries - a chicken balti, a pork and apricot korma and a lentil dhal.  With rice and some sort of flatbread, that should fill us up nicely.  I was going to make mango sorbet for dessert but I don't think I will have the time now, so I will probably cave in and buy something.

That's about it for today.  Must look for a flatbread recipe!

2 comments:

  1. Just to say thanks for the lentil dahl recipe. Made it yesterday and it was delicious x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm very glad you liked it. Thanks for letting me know.
    J x

    ReplyDelete