Wednesday 17 April 2013

Wednesday

It's still too dark to say what the weather is going to be like but, after an unpromising start yesterday, it all brightened up and by the time morning play rolled around it was lovely.  Not too warm and rather breezy, but fine for going out without ones coat on.  Given that I was on playground duty morning and afternoon, I was very happy with that and enjoyed being out with the children.

One of the children said something very funny yesterday and I thought 'Perfect for my blog with a few slight changes for identification (or non-identification) purposes.  But do you think I can remember what it was now?  No, I can't.  So frustrating.  Maybe it will come back to me later.

Today is a long day!  Staff meeting after school makes that a certainty and, being the first meeting of the term, it will be jam-packed with dates and appointments and information and we won't be able to daydream at all.  To counterbalance that, we start the day with Y1 PPA which is always a Good Thing.  Given that this term's overarching theme is all about growing (plants) with lots of practical science investigations, I'm looking forward to it all very much indeed.

Better get going with some preparation now.  I have a few sheets to make, a few lessons to plan in more detail and stuff to think about.

And a cup of coffee to  drink, of course!  Have a great day.


4 comments:

  1. Good luck with this term. I seem to remember the theme on growing plants went well last year. Jx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it did, Joan, it was a lovely topic. The children really enjoy it!
    J x

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is such a good topic isn't. I think of you when I grow cress and beansprouts. Sometimes when looking at carrot tops I remember growing them on even tho' it's many years ago. Hope your littlies have fun. Jx

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's all about this 'awe and wonder' that OFSTED used to go on about. The look on a littlies face as they look at a germinating cress seed through a magnifying glass is worth it's weight in gold, it really is.
    J x

    ReplyDelete