Tuesday 7 July 2020

Tuesday

Good morning!  There's a very pretty sky as I look out of the window on this early Tuesday morning.  Perhaps not terribly positive as far as weather is concerned but still - attractive.
Yesterday was a mix of cloud and sun and really not very warm; I didn't want to sit out.  A shame but not to worry - the warmer days will return, I am sure.

I left Dad in the midst of some IT work with Open Reach, trying to sort out why he has such a weak internet signal.  Nothing was resolved and it's all very frustrating for him.  It was a good journey home with just the usual holdups around Little Hadham (they're building a by-pass around the village) and I stopped off at the allotment to take a look and pick some of my lunch and dinner.

This is what I came home with to go with Dad's green courgette.



I reckon we will be eating our own courgettes in a week's time.  They've really taken off!



The runners and the baby corn are thriving too.



(as are those perishing weeds)

The tomatoes at home are looking great, lots of mini fruits but no hint of ripening yet.  Once one starts, they will all get the idea, so I will be patient.

After the usual unpacking and sorting out, I sat down with a coffee and promptly went to sleep!  I'm not sure if I was tired or just relaxing but it was very pleasant, all the same.

Today, the biggie is first thing with a visit to the dentist for Mr Clough to 'review' the gaps and decide when the implants should go ahead.  Seeing as this should have been in April, I can't see there will be any issues and I will hopefully have some actual treatment dates soon.  I'd like to get it done and dusted!

There's nothing else in the diary for today but I need to do some tuition planning and to finish off a pile of ironing, not to mention some mowing and weeding You-Know-Where.  So it will probably be quite a busy day, on and off.
Stay safe, everyone.  xx

12 comments:

  1. Good luck with the dentist lets hope thing move on quickly for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Diane. It's a minor think in the wider scheme of things but, having plucked up the courage to have it done, the wait has been a nuisance. However, things could be loads worse so no complaints, just a bit of wistful thinking really.
      xx

      Delete
  2. Fingers crossed for a carefree dentist visit xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sooze. I don't believe it is invasive this time, just a sort of review and planning thing.
      I hope!
      xx

      Delete
  3. Have fun with Mr Clough! and enjoy the allotment too.
    The wind yesterday was really cold - have to wait for the weekend for weather to be dryer and warmer they said

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I look forward to the weekend very much indeed then. :-)
      xx

      Delete
  4. At least the dentist is first thing so you can get it done and out of the way and enjoy the rest of your day. I hope it all goes smoothly and you get a date for completing the treatment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Eileen. Me too, it would be good to have an end.
      xx

      Delete
  5. I hope your visit to the dentist goes well and that you won't be waiting much longer to complete your treatment.
    I need to do some weeding here too, but think I will wait until the rain as stopped. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was fine, thanks. Very different with all the safety measures in place.
      xx

      Delete
  6. Hope all goes well at the dentist, I hate dental visits and have a broken tooth so I expect I'll have to at some time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, dear, how annoying for you. I hope you get an appointment when you need it.
      xx

      Delete