Saturday 18 July 2020

Saturday

Morning, everyone.  Yesterday turned out absolutely gorgeously - wall to wall sunshine and warm enough to make me change into my loose, summer dress that I use for chilling and relaxing for the evening.

Chris and I had a jolly good chat in the garden.  Yes, it was still a bit whiffy but nothing unbearable and, as we both said, as did Sue yesterday in comments, good, healthy country air!!  We've both agreed that we'd like to continue these weekly chats in the future, even if things get properly back to 'normal' - new normal anyway.

I started sorting out the jumpers, left them after a while and finished the task off in the evening.  I have now put the Christmas jumpers (I start wearing them early in December, so having more than one isn't too silly) with all the other Christmas stuff in the blue room with the tablecloths, cushions, etc.  There are a number of jumpers that are just too sloppy/wide now but, thankfully, only one of my hand-knits.
I will bag up the discards and pop down to Morrisons with them to see if the two drop off points are open now.  If not, they will have to sit in the yellow room until I can hand them on one way or another.

The cleaner arrived, bless him, and I went off to the allotment to mow, strim and weed.  I got the first two done and started the weeding but it was so hot we stopped after a while and sat on the benches under the tree at the end to have a jolly good mum/daughter chat about all sorts of things.
We did, however, give the plants a jolly good drink and Beth picked some broad beans (I had the last picking) which are nearly over now so I guess we will be clearing them in the next few weeks.

We noticed that there are little baby corn buds on the side of some of the baby corn stems and the runners are smothered with flowers.

Then we went over to the courgettes and . . .


Yes, it's very small (Beth had the bigger one for her and Alex) but the flavour was wonderful.  There will be more in due course, loads more, but he first one is always so satisfying.

And then, just to add to the delights, while  was watering at home, I noticed one tomato turning a delicate shade of orange.  Yay.

So that was yesterday.
Today, the sun is shining already and the forecast is good.  I have one possible thing pencilled in my diary but, apart from that, the day is clear.  I will change, wash, dry and iron my sheets and the other stuff I have in the washing basket and then I will generally chill, relax and enjoy the life of the idle retired.
C'est la bonne vie!

Stay safe, stay well and have a happy day.  xx

6 comments:

  1. I'm enjoying hearing the positives coming from the lockdown experience - in your case it's the decision to continue the weekly meetups with Chris. I like that a stronger connection was made during a stressful time.

    I think you're the only person I know who has a collection of Christmas jumpers 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's really good, isn't it?
      And LOL!
      xx

      Delete
  2. Will you be unravelling and re-knitting the jumper that's now too large?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know, that hadn't crossed my mind but I could, couldn't I. It would keep my hands busy for a few evenings. Maybe I will, thanks.
      xx

      Delete
  3. I was going to say what Annabeth said! I have a colleague who has a collection of reindeer jumpers that she starts wearing from December 1st - she also has socks, brooches, earrings and she drinks out of reindeer mugs in December too hahah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a Santa mug!!
      Yes, I will be unravelling it, the yarn is too nice to waste.
      xx

      Delete