Wednesday 8 July 2020

Wednesday

Good morning, everyone!   What dull, damp start to the day we have here.  It started raining yesterday evening and it looks as if it hasn't let up all night.  I can't be sorry - it has given everywhere a jolly good very much needed soaking, enough to really penetrate down.  Excellent.

Taken about an hour ago.

I actually took the photo to show the wetness but you can see how well the tomatoes are coming on and that the runner beans are climbing up the archways really well now.  They will thicken out soon and then, for a month or so, I will have pretty archways to walk under.  It looks really nice through August as well as feeding me!

Yesterday was busy.

First of all it was the dental appointment.  It's all quite different there at the moment.  As I arrived, a message pinged through to my phone with a link to where I had to check in and then wait outside until called in.  As I went in my temperature was checked and I had to ' sanitise' my hands with gel.
Anyway - I had a bone scan and it isn't quite as simple as we had hoped.  It's a bit complicated but I will try to explain if you will bear with me.

The teeth that are affected are my two front top teeth and the incisor and canine to the right of them (my right).  The second front tooth and the other two were the ones affected by the loss of the bridge and the other front tooth was the one I decided to include in the treatment as it was pretty crooked.  I reckoned if I was going through all this, I might as well have a nice smile at the end of it all.

To cut a long story short, there isn't quite enough bone thickness for one of the planned implants, the front tooth one.  However, it can be got round by including the next tooth along (the remaining top incisor) in a mix of implants and bridge work.  It's not a problem, just a change of plan.

Oddly enough, the tooth that will now be capped as part of the bridge is the one that, initially, I ummed and ahed about including as well.  It's a bit crooked but not terribly so I couldn't really justify it to myself.  Now it should all be straight and I'm really quite happy about it.  Yes, it will be an extra cost but bridge cost, not implant cost!

I will be sent another appointment for about three weeks hence to start the implant procedure.  I AM nervous about that but there you go.  No gain without pain or something like that.

If you've stayed with me through all this ramble, well done!

Then I went to Aldi seeing as it was on the way home and stocked up with fruit and veg.  The allotment is now much neater after I gave the grass a good old mow and weeded down one side and when I got home I did my own little patch before putting the mower away.
Earlier, much earlier, I had spent half an hour or so in my own garden before I went to the dentist, making the most of the lovely sunshine.
Just in time, wasn't I?

Today, briefly, I have a tuition session (distanced), then personal training (online today), then Beth is coming round for a while and, finally, I have a scheduled online chat with Chris.
All that should keep me well out of trouble, don't you think?

Have a great day, whatever the weather, and keep safe and well, everyone.  xx

6 comments:

  1. 3 wet days forecast and family staying - bother!
    Have a good day

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Sue. What a pain for you. Three days, eh? So the rest of the week really, up to the weekend. Still - great for you garden.
      xx

      Delete
  2. It's a shame that the dental work is not as straightforward as you'd hoped but at least you know there is a solution and have not been left wondering.

    Your garden is looking good x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it was a bit disconcerting at first and maybe he could tell because he was very kind and explained things most carefully. Like I said, I'm quite pleased that the other slightly crooked tooth will now be dealt with properly. A bonus.
      I love it when all the veggies start growing well. It's so satisfying. By the end of August, things start to look a bit scruffy and tatty but right now, fantastic.
      xx
      xx

      Delete
  3. Your garden will appreciate the rain, although it would be lovely to see a return to some sunny weather.
    I'm glad you now have a plan going forward with your dental treatment. Try not to worry too much and just think of the end result. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really would, yes. After the rain, some warmth would really get things going. I'm looking forward to the first courgettes! :-D
      xx

      Delete