Friday 17 July 2020

Friday

Good morning.  Today looks much more promising with sunny intervals and a gentle breeze.  it's lovely out there at the moment apart from the fact that somewhere local a farmer appears to be doing some muck spreading (as we always called it as kids) and there's definitely an 'aroma' in the air!

I saw this on a message board and just had to share it.  It made me smile.


Yesterday, I did my shopping nice and early and got it all put away.
Then I went upstairs and spent the next hour or so sorting out some shelves in a wardrobe and trying on clothe with a few going into the charity pile.  I found a big plastic box with a huge stack of pull outs from old Child Educations and similar which went straight into the paper recycling sack.  That, and sundry other discards, created some space for me to reorganise other things and, by the end, I was well pleased and much more aware of what I have.
Now I have to tackle the jumper shelf!  < groan >  I have so many and need to be a bit ruthless, I think.

Personal Training was good.  We did forty minutes and the shoulder was fine, both then and also this morning which is when it used to play up.  Not counting chickens and I have to be careful, but I think it's much better now, thank goodness.
I've decided that I really ought to get some proper leisurewear lycra bottoms (T shirts will be fine for tops) and came back with some from a range Lindsey sells.  There were two pairs I particularly like and - get this - in a small size.  Blimey!!!
So that cheered me up no end after a not great weigh in (maintained).

Later on it was the Zoom meeting and Jen told us that proper meetings should resume half way through August.  That was the good news.  The bad news is that the Tuesday group that I am in is no longer going to carry on.  Not enough members.  I'm sorry about that and now have to decide whether to go to the earlier or later Thursday group.
Either would work as Beth and I have decided that, for the meanwhile, even if Pottery classes resume, we won't be going back.  The room is too small and too crowded.  I suspect they won't anyway because social distancing would mean they would not be economically viable, sadly.

So that was yesterday.
Today Chris should be round for a garden chat (assuming it's not too pongy out there) and I'm meeting Beth at the allotment at two.

Have a great day and be safe.  xx

12 comments:

  1. Hope the wind turns round before your meeting in the garden!
    I have a blank day today - wish the sun would shine - that would cheer things up

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL - it seems to have.
      It's shining here so maybe it will head your way.
      xx

      Delete
  2. How funny that mask advise is really doing the rounds ... I would add: don't let it sag or wear at half mast ..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maintain is better than a gain though, but it must be frustrating when you are so close to your target.

    It's a shame about the pottery but I can understand your decision. I feel the same about the Mahjong group where there is no scope for social distancing at all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is and I am OK about it now but I was cross yesterday morning, I really was. Never mind, it changes nothing (apart from a change I had already planned).

      I'm sad about the pottery but I feel it's the right decision for now, just as the Mahjong decision is right for you.
      xx

      Delete
  4. That sign made me chuckle.
    The aroma in the air is all well and good but it often gets trapped in the house if you leave a window open. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not a pleasant thing, I agree. It all seems to have gone now, thank goodness.
      xx

      Delete
  5. Our little SW group is currently homeless as the usual venue is reluctant to open up even by August. I do like the zoom meetings - very lazy of me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The positions OF Chief marketing officer will be given to you via Telegram hope you are familiar with it if you not You are to download the telegram application on your phone/PC using your phone App Store or use the telegram website “telegram.org”. You’re then required to signup to create an account on telegram. once done, provide me with your telegram username and phone number so I can connect with you from here to proceed with the interview/ comprehensive job briefing. Do you understand?

    ReplyDelete