Friday 31 July 2020

Friday

Good morning, everyone.  It's the last day of July, of course, and they say it will be a scorcher.  If it's anything like yesterday, it will be a beautiful day.

Just after I sent yesterday's post, I checked my phone and there were two messages, one from Beth pulling out of our arrangement for lunch and the afternoon as she hadn't finished something that really needed doing and the other from Jackie asking if I would go over for a chat in the afternoon.  So all change.

The first tuition session went really well, I think.  I'm always a bit 'nervous' at the first one where one is establishing oneself with the student.  However, no problems, we got on fine and, although they were very quiet at the beginning, by the end we were chatting away happily about things.  So that was good.

I got the three loads of washing done and dried but not ironed.  That's a task for today at some point.

After lunch, I drove over to Billericay and had a most pleasant two hours in Jackie's beautiful garden, chatting away merrily about this, that and the other, before driving back again in surprisingly light traffic.  I also came back with five lovely cooking apples from her tree.

All in all, a splendid day, full of happy things.  And Beth got her thing finished, much to her relief.

Today starts off with an early visit to Sainsbury's to get a few items that Morrison's doesn't seem to stock.  Also, a trip around the clothes is on the list - I do like their range and I may get another pair of the smaller sized jeans - I'm starting to feel quite nervous about some of the others.  After that, the diary is a black page so the day's my own.  I will get the ironing done, tidy the house for the cleaners and I can do the allotment watering while the cleaners are working their alchemy.  It will be hot but it's not that strenuous an activity.  I think the rest of the day might very well be spent in the garden, peacefully surveying the trees and the tomatoes in between reading and snoozing.  How decadently lazy is that?

Stay safe and have a very happy day.  xx

8 comments:

  1. Have a lovely day I believe it is going to be very hot so I hope you have a shady spot

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need I do, under the tree. I think it will be lovely there.
      xx

      Delete
  2. Enjoy your day. It looks like it's going to be a sunny one. X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Decadently lazy .... a perfect idea for a hot day. Enjoy yourself! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Billericay was my home for 40 plus years before we moved here to Suffolk, so I have very fond memories of the town altho' from when I first moved there 1968 it has changed enormously. What do you teach? You have a busy life compared to me.. I have slowed down even more with the virus. Stay in the shade!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you do well during this virus...today is day 140 for me-isolation...I finally ventured out to pick up library books...and got gas in the car...no haircuts...no shopping...etc...family drops off groceries outside the apartment building...birthdays go by...big ones...anniversaries...alas...I did get an interesting piece of mail yesterday...a card I sent my granddaughter in March to university in U.K. was returned to me. She was, of course, sent home in March from her semester abroad...took awhile but arrived. I continue to do my hobbies...walk my 5 plus miles each day-outside or inside...despite the pain...and I do teach two small grandsons in Florida via Facetime daily...and a little girl in Maryland...Indiana is somewhat not safe at this time...especially where I live. Take care-I love your blog...and your energy...

    ReplyDelete
  6. That sounds like a perfect way to spend what is already gearing up to be a very hot day. I will be doing something similar sat under my parasol here at the Van.

    ReplyDelete