Friday 10 July 2020

Friday

Good morning, everyone.  A very happy Friday to us all!
We've had more rain overnight and right now it's dismal but Beeb tells me that it will brighten up and we should get sunshine this afternoon.  Fingers crossed.

Yesterday didn't start all that well.  I drove over to Jackie's (about half an hour's journey but some of that is going through town, which always takes time) to be greeted by a carless drive and no answer to my knock. 
Then I got a text from Jackie saying she was at my house, where was I?
Ooops.
So I drove back, Jackie waited in her car and all was well.  It gave us a right old giggle!

Once J had left, I walked round to Morrisons for just a few items and, amazingly, came home with just a few items.  It was a bit annoying that the main thing I went for - Worcestershire sauce - wasn't available, all sold out.  Drat and drabbit; I use my Lea and Perrins (or equivalent) quite a lot so it's top of the new list.

I spent the rest of the day doing the usual daily stuff.

Today is exciting because it is HAIR DAY!!! 
Then my new eleven plussers come for their distanced tuition.
Finally it's the turn of the cleaners.

Lindsey has heard that she can resume personal training in her little gym in the attic under certain restrictions which she already follows anyway so that will be great.  I have no fears about this whatsoever, unlike going back to the gym for a swim where I will need to hear from the gym what safety things they will have set in place before making up my mind.  Having said that, I have missed my swims very much indeed.  Fingers crossed.

Stay safe, everyone, and wishing us all some sunshine today.  xx

14 comments:

  1. We too are dull but hoping for better

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It'll be nice to feel a bit warmer, won't it!
      xx

      Delete
  2. I didn't listen to the news yesterday so need to catch up on the next lot of changes. I don't think any of it affects me this time because they still haven't decided on theatres, choirs and orchestras.

    Enjoy that haircut!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just over an hour to go.
      No, they haven't. Choirs is a hard one, isn't it? Hard to do in a distanced way, I should think.
      xx

      Delete
  3. No idea how socially distanced swimming in a small pool will work - hope I can find out
    Have a good day

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nor I. Limiting numbers, maybe, lanes for all, needing to book? As you say, we will see.
      It will be super to be able to swim again and, of course, there's all that washing!
      xx

      Delete
  4. Not sure I would want to go swimming in a virus soup unless I am sure that the chlorine in the pool would kill the virus. Enjoy that haircut. You will feel like a new woman.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really do, Cherie, so much. It's lovely!
      xx

      Delete
  5. I had my haircut on Wednesday I feel like a new me! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's amazing what a new haircut can do! I finally had one the other week and I felt so much better. I'll try sending some heat and sunshine your way. I've had enough - of the heat anyway lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some of it would be most welcome, thank you so much. It has brightened up now but it's still not warm.
      Hair dos are a fast way to life the spirits, that's a fact!
      xx

      Delete
  7. I'm a day behind so, by now, I hope you feel better for getting your hair done. I took to mine with the scissors last night. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do, thanks. I chopped my fringe a couple of times since March but left the rest.
      xx

      Delete