Thursday 16 July 2020

Thursday

Good morning, everyone.  It's a bit early morning-ish to tell properly but it looks rather ominous out there.  The forecast is for cloud and a breeze but it won't be cold.  I hope not - yesterday evening I had to go up and dig out one of my winter jumpers to get warm!

Tuition went well and then I set off for Hyde Hall.  Because I planned to arrive right at the start of my selected arrival hour, I expected queues but there were none so it was straight there and straight into the grounds.
It was as lovely as ever, despite the lack of sun.  Here's a few photos.




The world veg garden as great.  Big courgettes, loads of ripe tomatoes in the greenhouse and even a few runner beans, just baby ones but all the same . . .




Am I jealous - well, what do you think?

Once home, I grabbed some lunch and then set off down the allotment to put in two and a half hours of steady weeding.  It takes longer than one expects so I didn't get everything done, but I did get enough to make a difference.  Beth is watering today, I'll do the necessary tomorrow which will include mowing and strimming and then we are meeting there on Friday when we will jolly well cut the first courgettes, ready or not (but they will be).

Later on a message pinged through from Nuffield Health to tell me when the gym will be opening and the new expectations.  It is as I expected - swimming will be in lanes only, will need to be booked and will be time restricted.  Membership has been frozen since lockdown and there is the option of keeping it frozen if one is not ready to go back.  I will have a serious think about that and might take them up on it.  I am longing to start swimming again but am really not sure.

Today is an easier day by the looks of it.

I will do an early shop for some bits and bobs and I have personal training at quarter to twelve.  The shoulder is so much better now that we're slowly extending the time to an hour again.

Then I will do a bit of gardening - I noticed some cheeky weeds daring to show their face yesterday - before the Slimming World Zoom meeting at five.  Unless the situation changed, face to face meetings will resume mid-August so there's about a month of Zoom to go.  There will be a lot of changes, of course - no refreshments, no taster sessions, sitting at a distance, I'm sure people will want to put their own card in the machine, online payments only, etc, etc, etc.

I'm looking forward to today - I think it will be nice.
Stay safe and well, everyone.  xx

6 comments:

  1. It's a shame Hyde Hall is so far from me as it looks like a wonderful place to visit.

    I'd have doubts about the swimming as well but at least you have your PT to enjoy. Have you thought about cycling or doesn't that interest you. I'm debating whether to invest in a bike as the canal towpath is also part of the national cycle network so I wouldn't have the worry of traffic and busy roads.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did a reply and it's not here!
      Hyde Hall is lovely. We're very lucky.

      I did um and ah about a bike. I'd need to get one too and it seems a big outlay if I don't then like it. I don't enjoy the exercise cycle at Lindsey's but a proper bike ride would be a different thing entirely. I do get a bit saddle sore!
      There are plenty of back roads and country roads around here so that wouldn't be a problem. Towpaths sound great!
      xx

      Delete
  2. That garden looks amazing. Your photos are fabulous! I have started swimming again. I go to the lake before anyone is in it. If feels so refreshing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How wonderful that sounds. I wouldn't want to swim in any of the ponds around here! :-)
      xx

      Delete
  3. Lovely to hear about your plans for the day 😊

    ReplyDelete