Tuesday 14 July 2020

Tuesday

Morning, everyone.  To my surprise, it's been raining overnight and is still slightly drizzling now.  That's great - with the current warmth, it should being on the veggies no end.

Yesterday was a beautiful day.  We had loads of sunshine, a gentle breeze and warmth.

On an impulse, I went off to Matalan first thing.  If it had seemed busy, I'd have come straight home again but I'm rarely seen it so empty (or so many parking spaces in the car park) so I grabbed a trolley and had a good trawl round.
Yes, of course I spent!  Firstly, they had some very nice canvas-y/trainer-y type footwear.  I wear a lot of jeans, etc, nowadays and that sort of thing goes really well with jeans/jeggings/etc.
I also got some more trainer socks, another nightie (I needed one) and, to my delight, a plain white rectangular plate that wasn't absolutely ginormous and didn't cost an arm and a leg.  I've been looking for one for ages and might just possibly have drawn a bit of attention to myself by uttering 'oh, great' rather loudly, had the shop been more full.
I can also say with confidence that not only am I a Sainsbury's 10, I am also a Matalan 10 - as far as trousery things are concerned anyway.  Amazingly, they had some 27" trousers (they hardly ever do) so I had a look and found some the same style as some I had in a 16, the first trousers I had bought for decades.  I'd been looking for some smarter style ones so I was very pleased.

Once home, I got going with the tools on the little front strip and now if has that neat, freshly turned over look.  I wish it would stay like that!  There's weeds coming up between the paving slabs and my lovely neighbour invested in a sort of hot air weed burner thing that she said I could borrow.  I think I may very well take her up on that, for the back garden as well.  Very kind indeed of her.

Later on I met up with Beth down the allotment.  We got the weeding done, prepped the ground, built a cane cage and planted the dwarf French beans so fingers crossed for September.


The whole plot has rather lost its neat and tidy appearance as things are getting quite big now, but it's looking promising.
Beth dug up some more potatoes and picked some runners; she shared the potatoes but the beans were her turn as I had the last lot.
We investigated the courgettes and decided that by the weekend they should be ready for a first picking.
A few photos.






I was so tired yesterday evening that after fighting to stay awake for half an hour, I took myself up to bed at eight, was out like a light and didn't wake until nearly six this morning.  I must have needed that sleep!

Today I have a bit of tuition and then the diary is blank.  I might go to the allotment and carry on with the never ending weeding, or I might sort out a few cupboards in my bedroom that sadly need some TLC.  I'll have a think.

Have a lovely day and I hope we all get some sunshine today.  Stay safe and well.  xx

17 comments:

  1. Your allotment looks great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lyn. It fills us (me and Beth) with joy each time we visit. That, alone, makes the hard work worth it.
      xx

      Delete
  2. All looking good! Is that a sunflower in the second last picture? Gorgeous colour!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is - I decided to grow some for their seeds - I love sunflower seeds and also some heads will feed the birds. They're smaller one - about one metre high, maybe a bit more and, as you say, a lovely colour.
      xx

      Delete
  3. I find with Matalan there's either loads I like at any one time, or nothing at all!

    The allotment is looking really good and productive. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I agree. There was very little in the clothes line that worked for me this time apart from plain T shirts and I have loads of those. I was pleased with the trousers and the shoes though - I'm wearing the latter at the moment and they're comfortable. I wouldn't go for a long walk in them but for day to day pottering, they are fine.
      xx

      Delete
  4. Well done on your Matalan shopping trip ... sounds like you were quite restrained and didn't go mad!

    The allotment is looking good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I'm very happy with what I did get so that's good. No looking after wards and thinking 'why?'!
      xx

      Delete
  5. Your garden looks amazing! Everything is so healthy. Great work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Definitely worth the work, for sure
      xx

      Delete
  6. Thanks for the tip the other day about trimming the lower leaves off the tomato plants. I had forgotten to do this and they look much better now. The tomatoes are small, though, so I am not too confident of getting a good crop this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They will grow, I often think the same thing but the only year I was disappointed was when they all caught early blight and that was ages ago now.
      xx

      Delete
  7. Your allotment looks wonderful. Everything is growing nicely.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jackie. We're looking forward to the courgettes, beans and corn. :-)
      xx

      Delete
  8. It's wonderful to have all your hard work at the allotment begin to pay off with some delicious home grown produce, and that sunflower looks like it will open up any day now. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's open now and others will follow. They're not the huge, dramatic ones, but very attractive in their own way. Very smiley flowers.
      xx

      Delete
  9. We reserve the right, at our discretion, to modify, add or delete portions of these terms at any time by posting updated Terms of Use and/or an updatedon the Site. Please check these Terms of Use and thefrequently for updates. Any modifications, additions or deletions to these Terms of Use or theshall be effective immediately upon posting.

    In Nike Air Force 1 Cheap Outlet 1875, Louis Prang, who wrote and published architectural books, printed images in color with a series of lithographic zinc plates. The finished product resembled Coach Outlet Online an oil painting. These cards were so in demand that Prang couldn't fulfill all of his orders.

    I replied " What are you going around commanding your own Coach Outlet Clearance Sale equals for like a plonker"The reason he attempted to command me was because I was refusing to remove my computer from the room I am currently in and extraneous information is coming through from my computer into my brain and body to the extent that the neuro operatives can notlt;/p>A Voice to Skull voice which I heard coming from inside my head in the past twenty minutes was heard by me to say the following " I command you " .I replied " What are you going around commanding your own equals for like a plonker"The reason he attempted to command me was Best Yeezys because I was refusing to remove my computer from the room I am currently in and extraneous information is coming through from my computer into my brain and body to the extent that the neuro operatives can not work on Cheap Michael Kors Handbags inputting Jordan Shoes For Sale unwanted digital signals into my brain and body.I Ray Ban Outlet am refusing to MK Outlet Online remove my computer from the room that I am in on the grounds that I have nothing to lose because these neuro operatives have intimated that they are going to destroy my personhood by remote means regardless of what I do or say..

    ReplyDelete