Sunday 26 July 2020

Sunday

Good morning, everyone.  Again, it is stupid o'clock and I'm wide awake and have been for a couple of hours.  I've given up trying to sleep and am just going with the flow.

We had some very heavy rain yesterday.  It started mid afternoon, just as I was about to go and pick runner beans, and continued for several hours, giving the ground a very good soaking.  Beth said the same was happening at home to that's the allotment and garden watering sorted out for a few days.
It then started again later on in the evening!

Today is another quiet day with Dad.  I suspect I will be dropping off from time to time after such a bad night's sleep but at least I am able to, there's nothing stopping me.  I think my conscience is clear so goodness knows why I'm wide awake when I should be fast asleep!   :-)

Well, there's not a lot more to say really.  I really you're fast asleep and don't catch this for several more hours (if you live in the UK, I mean) and that today is a really good day for you.
xx

12 comments:

  1. Have a good day Joy, hopefully with a nap or three! I too have been awake since silly o'clock. I often read your posts in the wee small hours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Silly o'clock can be quite pleasant but not as a habit. I'm glad my posts help to pass the time. xx

      Delete
  2. Morning Joy. Well, I actually slept till 6 am but then I didn't go to bed until about 1 am. Not good to keep waking up that early though is it Joy, I hope you get back into a better sleep routine soon. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It comes and goes but generally my sleep patterns are fine. AT the moment they are a bit erratic.
      xx

      Delete
  3. Oh dear. You really aren't sleeping very well are you. You have my sympathy as I too wake up frequently through the night. Thankfully I am usually able to drop back off but it must be exhausting for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It can be wearing but, thankfully, I can always have an afternoon kip if it becomes overwhelming. xx

      Delete
  4. That's a nuisance, waking so early, especially being away from your own home. Hope you manage to catch up in your sleep xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure I will at some point. Apart from the very 'bad' nights, I average around seven hours of sleep which isn't bad at all. xx

      Delete
  5. We're getting the heavy rain today. I'm looking forward to some sunshine and higher temperatures at the end of the week. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's raining here too. I've just got damp loading the car. The rest of the week looks much nicer though. And the soil did need a good soaking.
      xx

      Delete
  6. Just know how you feel Joy ...I always feel so drained when I don't get a good nights sleep. in this heat here I am often pacing the hallway at early hours because I can't sleep . Could do with a bit of that rain you've got there. Keep well Amanda :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can imagine it gets very hot where you are. So hard to sleep then, isn't it?
      xx

      Delete