Tuesday 20 March 2018

Tuesday

Good morning, everyone.  Yesterday's weather was lovely - more or less wall to wall sunshine and the snow all but vanished.  There's just a few little patches left on the raised beds and containers.  It looks cold though, through the window - bleak, cloudy and with quite a breeze.
There's a lot of talk about the beast returning for Easter.  I do hope not but what will be, will be and neither wishing nor whining will make an iota of difference, will it?

I enjoyed yesterday, busy as it was.  It was the last Knitter Knatter Club (it just runs for this spring term) and we were very proud of the way all the girls have made such progress.  In less than three months, most of them have turned into very confident knitters and they were all talking about how they were carrying on with it and what they planned to make.  Indeed, one young lady has already started a little garment for an expected baby.  Impressive.

Tuition was great.  This week will be all about what was said at last week's TLCs (Termly Learning Conferences, formerly known as consultation evenings) and so far all the news is good.  Significant progress made, catching up well, etc.  I'm very happy.

I didn't mention the Paddington film yesterday.  I meant to but forgot.  Anyway, I loved it.  Beautifully made and a big smile from start to finish with plenty of downright laughter all the way through.  Paddington is such an engaging character, beautifully animated (very clever), and there's some big named in the cast that do a wonderful job (I think).  Well worth getting, if you haven't already seen the film and even if you have.


I'm getting on with the cross stitch in between knitting and sewing.  After a while, I realised that I'd mixed up two colours (I wish they came pre-sorted) but it doesn't look too out of place so it will just stay that way as it's quite a complicated design and I couldn't face unpicking!   I've moved the colours around now, of course, so the rest should be OK.

I've decided I will do one room at a time AND all the back stitching (not my favourite part) before moving on to the next room.  I'm also doing the biggest rooms first.

Today is a day at home except that I might pop round to a friend who is stuck inside all day.  I have to get the guest room ready as a friend is staying overnight on Thursday but that won't take long and I'd like to tackle a few higher cupboards in my bedroom.  I have a little footstool, one of the unfolding kind, which is very useful and, being the lazy type, I have bought another one to be kept upstairs.  No excuses now!

It should be a good day, whatever the weather.

 Whether the weather be fine,
Or whether the weather be not,
Whether the weather be cold,
Or whether the weather be hot,
We'll weather the weather
Whatever the weather,
Whether we like it or not!


4 comments:

  1. The Paddington film looks very enjoyable. I think I might have to get it (for Lily, of course). X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course, for Lily. :-)
    (it really is lovely)
    J x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fun to see that rhyme. My husband had difficulty pronouncing some words/letters when he was young. He often uses this rhyme, which he learnt then. I shall show him your post, it will amuse him!
    Gill

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's quaint, isn't it? I'm glad it will make him smile!
    J x

    ReplyDelete