Tuesday 13 March 2018

Tuesday

Good morning, everyone.  After a very wet day yesterday, today looks more promising and just as well because Y1 are off to Marsh Farm today.  I did my washing yesterday but if today looks to continue fair, I will probably change my bedding and get that washed, dried outdoors (smells so much better when dried in the fresh air) and ironed.

Yesterday was a very busy day.  I drove home from my parents' home in the morning and it was a wet journey but there were precious few hold ups and every line I got into was moving at a fair old lick so that was good.

Unfortunately, as I went inside, case in hand, there was a most peculiar and not terribly pleasant smell.  Yes, I had forgotten to empty the bin and there was something fishy inside it so phew!
I sorted that out, got my weekend washing in, did my bit of planning and then popped off to school to do my voluntary duty.  After that it was tuition.  No time for lunch which wouldn't please Dr C one bit but tough, there just wasn't time.

For dinner, Diane, I made the soup you gave me the recipe for and it was absolutely delicious, many thanks.  I used orzo for the pasta and added some tomato puree and mmmmmmm . . .
I'll make that again, definitely.

Before I went to bed, I tried on a few more things from my wardrobe.  More now fits but most I really don't want to keep so there's a little pile for the charity shop.  I'm just doing a few things at a time, so will try a few more things on today.

The very nicest thing - one of 'my mums' (i.e. students' mums) emailed me to give me some very good news, something people have been working towards for a very long time.  I was so, so pleased, there might even have been a few tears of happiness this end of the modem.

Today, in absolute contrast, is a very easy day.  I have to pick up a prescription at some point, go to the charity shop, maybe change the bedding and there is some tuition later on but the day is gentle and spaced out and I feel really relaxed as I type.  Beth is round for dinner so I'm very much looking forward to that!

And my too-late planted daffodil bulbs are now showing above the soil.  You never know, maybe . . .

4 comments:

  1. Enjoy your lazy day, you had a very busy one yesterday. I am also having a lazy day after busy-ness yesterday. Yes, I'm sure those daffodils will burst into flower eventually. We have some dwarf tulips flowering already (they were a present, I don't normally buy dwarf flowers, but they are very pretty).
    Margaret P
    www.margaretpowling.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love dwarfs too. Most of my older daffs are dwarf, no higher than the snowdrops and they are very lovey at the moment. It's so good to see some colour in the beds again, isn't it?
    J x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love gentle days too with enough activity to keep me busy but slow enough to enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm certainly enjoying today. :-)
    J x

    ReplyDelete