Friday 23 March 2018

Friday

Good morning and welcome to a dull, damp start to the day here in Mid-Essex.  It feels chilly too, as I realised when I waved my friend off half an hour ago.  Not a drying day today unless it changes significantly.

Yesterday really went very well indeed.  Two very helpful meetings, a delightful family assembly and the play was brilliant.  I got it wrong , it was actually Lady Windermere's Fan which I have never seen and it was such fun from beginning to end.  Costumes, staging, acting were all superb and, of course, Oscar Wilde's words are just so witty it was a chuckle from start to finish.

I was very angelic, you would have been proud of me.  I'd got some wine and nibbles for when we got home after the show but I stuck to an apple and some diet Lilt, both of which I am allowed on this liver shrinking diet!  J went home earlier with the remains of the wine and the remains of the crisps!   No-one could say I am not trying, could they?  Actually, it wasn't much of a struggle because I've had twinges this week and I know the crisps, at least, would possibly make me feel quite unwell.  A no-brainer, as they say.

Today, in contrast, is a very quiet and gentle day.  The lovely cleaner will turn up at some time and work her magic and, for once, the place is reasonable tidy and clutter-free.  I shall get my daily dose of River Cottage on the telly, do some knitting and some cross stitch and finish the ironing that I couldn't do yesterday evening because of being out.  And I will browse through the fitted bedroom brochures that have arrived in the post this week. 

It should be lovely!


2 comments:

  1. It's a dull day here in Torbay, too, Joy. Glad you enjoyed the play. How lovely that your cleaner comes on a Friday, making everything spic-and-span for the weekend (although it's nice to have a home spic-and-span at any time!) I quite enjoy housekeeping, or rather the nice things that go with housekeeping ... arranging the flowers, tidying my books and magazines, re-arranging ornaments and so forth, baking cakes, etc. My indulgence isn't a regular cleaner but having my oven professionally cleaned every so often, the wheelie bins and recycling bins washed by a company every month, a window cleaner and, now and again, the carpets professionally cleaned. In between all this I can manage the housekeeping, with the aid of the house boy as my cousin refers to him, aka my husband!
    Margaret P

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is nice, isn't it. Very handy! :-)
    All these things help a lot and I appreciate that I can spoil myself in that way. I almost discontinued it after retirement but I'm so glad I didn't!
    J x

    ReplyDelete