Friday 25 October 2024

Friday evening, 25-10-24

Good evening, one and all.  Here we are at the end of the conventional working week and schools are out for half term.  Actually, they were pretty much out all day judging by the number of youngsters around; I know my school had INSET today for starters.

This morning was the first Slimming World group with our new consultant, Heidi (for me - she started last week but I was still away, of course).  There's going to be a certain amount of adjusting to someone else's way of organising things and I had to ask where things were a few times but overall it was a good group and I got my free magazine which was really nice.
What else was nice was that I am half pound lighter than I was at my last weigh in a fortnight ago - that made me very happy!
I wore the slipover and people said nice things about it, bless them.

After that was done, I came home, had breakfast, and went shopping.  First of all it was to Hobbycraft and before you all shout at me, here's why.
The neck warmer/cowl thingy I am making for the girls is in an aran fair isle style yarn.  The hand warmers need DK yarn - I tried using the Aran but it just didn't work either in size or in pattern.  So I thought I would see if I could match up the three colours in DK yarns and I got very close, close enough that they really do go together.
I was hoping to show you the first finished one with a photo but I haven't quite finished it, I need to finish the cuff.  I think it looks nice though.
And yes (you can shout now), I picked up other colours too, including some sparkly red and gold for the baubles.  I do have ideas . . .

Then I drove to M&S and Aldi to do the food shopping.  As Alex is staying with me next week (more about that in another post), I needed more than usual and oh, my goodness, didn't it make a difference!!
By the time I was home and had put everything away and had lunch, I was halfway through the afternoon so I just sat and chilled.

And I am still chilling . . . chilling is good.  It's probably time to get myself up to bed before I fall asleep on the keybo-sekldfjdfklgjfdsklgvskl;vjsdfijasdmbflb,bszkdhaskj

<grin>
Sleep tight!!

2 comments:

  1. That’s good that you are having Alex to stay and you have already stocked up. I sent the mitts pattern to a friend-I screenshotted from Readly. I’m tired today and am typing this in bed-me bad😂 Catriona

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chilling sounds good! I need to do some of that this week!x

    ReplyDelete