Tuesday 8 October 2024

Tuesday evening, 08-10-24

Evening, everyone.

It's been quite a busy day.  Chris wasn't able to come to Groove - she had both vaccines yesterday and they were fighting back - so I went on my own and it was really good today.  It's always good but sometimes there's an extra sort of buzz.

When I got home, I got stuck into a couple of things I really should have done a while ago and, as it's Governors' meeting tomorrow evening, I was running out of time.
One was reading Keeping Children Safe in Education, mandatory reading for everyone at least once a year and we have to declare that we have done so.  
The other was the annual Safeguarding training.   Again, absolutely essential and ditto
Not the most exciting reading and not terribly happy reading either, but it's done and dusted now.  Phew.

That pretty much took the whole day but between times, when I had a coffee, I started the week one blocks of the Gift for Christmas blanket.  There are a few tricky bits and some fiddly bits and one bit I keep having to watch on the YouTube video as I keep getting muddled but, generally, it's not that hard.
Week two landed in YouTube today so I will watch that through at some point when I have a bit more time.
It's an ideal project to take away with me to Center Parcs next week, I think.

This made me happy.
Spot the baby bread bean . . .

Actually, once I started looking, there are several coming along, all very tiny but packed with potential.  Very exciting.

I've just looked at the clock - I didn't think it was that late.  Better post and shut down.
Have you had a good day?

Good night, one and all.  xx

2 comments:

  1. You're going to have a fine harvest of broad beans, all ready for when you return from your holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to get your paperwork read-well done. Isn’t it good to have a really interesting ew project to take to Centre Parcs with you. Happy day. Catriona

    ReplyDelete