Friday 4 October 2024

Friday evening, 04-10-24

 Evening, everyone.  It's been a gorgeous Autumnal day today.  After a pretty chilly start, the skies cleared, the sun shone and it felt nice and warm.  Lovely.

I went to Slimming World as usual and, also as usual, I had a good time there.  Our leader/consultant, Jen, is leaving the area and moving up north and next week is her last week.  Today, the lady who is taking over, Heidi, was there to get a feel for the group and to say 'hi'.  We will miss Jen terribly but Heidi is very pleasant so fingers crossed.

After group I popped to Morrisons and now I have the Christmas Day meat safely in the freezer.  I have decided we are having a nice leg of lamb instead of turkey.  It's a nice feeling to know that it is there, all safe and sound.

Then I came home and, basically, just pottered for the rest of the day.  I did some housework, some cooking, some clearing out, some crochet (the blanket is really coming on now) and booked some tickets.

One of the guys in the SW group, Mark, is vicar of a local Methodist church that has quite a good music and drama group and in a fortnight they are doing a concert performance of Chess and Mark is in it.
Now, I know the pro stage show didn't do terribly well and was heavily slated by the critics but the music is, I think, absolutely great and I'm really looking forward to this.  I'm going with a couple of SW friends so that should be great fun.

On a less happy note, while I was filling dates in next year's diary, I realised that I have double booked so I have had to pull out of the coach trip to Legoland.  I'm really disappointed and embarrassed but that's life, isn't it.  Maybe they will do another one in 2026. and at least I have given them plenty of time to fill my space.

Saturday tomorrow but the diary looks pretty clear.  I can do the on;line SET and then, weather permitting, I might attack the garden.
What are your plans for the weekend?

Sleep well, everyone.  xx

3 comments:

  1. My weekend plans involve emptying the van ready for winter as we have had some frost already! Also catching up with ironing and general housework! Catriona

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am heading to the grocery early tomorrow to get two turkeys. One for our Thanksgiving and one for Christmas. I will be trying to get a quilt sandwiched and hand quilting started, as well as removing some of my plants in various pots and baskets.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, that’s too bad. Hopefully you can reschedule. Leg of lamb sounds delicious! You are prepared. TheAwakenedSoul

    ReplyDelete