Wednesday 2 October 2024

Wednesday evening, 02-10-24

Evening, one and all.  
I woke up this morning to a pleasant surprise.  Good old Premium Bonds.  £125 isn't a huge amount but every bit helps nowadays and it is nice to know it's there to fell back on, should it be needed.  I am happy with that.
Great start to the day.

I have Val round for lunch tomorrow and have been dithering about what to make and have decided to make a crustless quiche of some kind with some salad and, perhaps, a few chips made in the Ninja.  All very easy and relatively fool proof.

I got all the stuff done that I wanted to get done before popping out to Lindsey's for personal training.

And that was today.  It's all very ordinary and everyday at the moment, nothing very exciting but also nothing very drastic or difficult.  I do like a quiet life.  I must try to remember to take a few photos at some point to brighten things up.  

Have a lovely rest of evening, everyone, and sleep well.  xx

16 comments:

  1. Another wonderful result. Congratulations on your win! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! It may not be a fortune, but it certainly made you smile.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It did - always a Good Thing. Thank you. xx

      Delete
  3. Congratulations on the Premium Bond win. I chaired a meeting from 10 30- 12 15, had a sandwich then walked to the Readers Group at the library. At least I got my steps in! Catriona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such a busy lady! I hope the meeting was good. xx

      Delete
  4. Where are your next trips? We have survived Hurricane Helena here on the coast of Florida, barely..>Gulf Coast. Florida and other states are devastated. Houses around my son's and here at the condo...whew...went to a store yesterday...destroyed...just keeps on coming...each year at this time. Fortunately, it landed above us...unfortunately, so many are without homes. prayers for them...as we clean up...enjoy your trips...we hope the hurricane season leaves us soon (end of November)...why do I live here? Family....the only reason.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm off to Center Parcs in a few weeks. Looking forward to that very much indeed.
      It sounds dreadful your way. I suppose it is the risk one takes and family are so very important. Hoping things improve. xx

      Delete
  5. Lucky you! I was gifted premium Bonds 50 years ago and have never won anything. I think they must be at the bottom of the pile!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a shame - I get the odd £25 coming up quite regularly. Never one of the big prizes though. Sometimes I wonder how I would react if I did get one of the millions . . . vanishing chance of that though! :-)
      xx

      Delete
  6. How wonderful that you won. That is a pretty goodly bit of extra cash which could really come in handy.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, indeed. It's just reinvested in more bonds at the moment but it's easy to withdraw, should I need it. xx

      Delete
  7. Snap re PB and very welcome it is too! Enjoy your friend's visit and the lunch, which sounds delicious, just a few chips make it all the more exiting. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw - yay for us both!! A good time of year for a bit of extra cash!
      That's what I thought although it's little cubes rather than chip shapes. Same lovely taste!! :-) xx

      Delete
  8. What a lovely win! We had PB for a few years and only ever won £25 a couple of times. A friend of ours, however, wins £25 regularly - nearly every month. I guess it's the luck of the draw (either that or she's a personal friend of ERNIE! haha). xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely little win Joy. I'd have been pleased as punch to start the day like that.

    ReplyDelete