Wednesday 13 December 2023

Wednesday, 13-12-23: Blogmas 13

Morning, everyone.  First of all, many thanks for all your kind comments yesterday.  I wasn't on social media much so didn't reply to each one as I usually do but how kind you all are.

Yesterday was a bit of a nothing sort of day.  I slept, I dozed, I gloomed, I didn't eat much . . . oh, you know.  In bed by eight, I pretty much went to sleep straight away and slept soundly until after five this morning.  Sleep is a great healer, isn't it?

Today I should have been doing two classes - circuits this morning and personal training this afternoon.  I'm not, of course.  Lindsey has very kindly moved my personal training to Friday which is lovely.
I do have Sharon coming around midday to do my hair and that's definitely still on.

Day 13 of the Body Shop Calendar yielded this . . .
It smells lovely and I do wish I didn't already have so much soap in my cupboard.  I guess if I don't need to use it for pressies this year, I will add it to the stack.  That's two now from the calendar - this one and a grapefruit one and they are both lovely.

Half way through and this is a lovely calendar.  I'm so glad I acted on impulse - there's nothing that I think 'What?????' about yet, eight items I am definitely using, four that I will be happy to regift and just one that I thought I might use - the bath scrubby things - but didn't like and, because I have used it, I can't hand it on really.

I've just has a thought - I can hand things on to our local food bank, can't I?  I know it isn't food but they don't just help out with food.


Today's Blogmas music is so well known, I need say no more.  Just uncomplicated, amusing and loud!

All together now . . . 


Are you hanging up a stocking on your wall? It's the time that every Santa has a ball Does he ride a red-nosed reindeer? Does a-ton up on his sleigh Do the fairies keep him sober for a day? So here it is Merry Christmas Everybody's having fun Look to the future now It's only just begun Are you waiting for the family to arrive? Are you sure you got the room to spare inside? Does your granny always tell ya that the old songs are the best? Then she's up and rock 'n' rollin' with the rest So here it is Merry Christmas Everybody's having fun Look to the future now It's only just begun What will your Daddy do When he sees your Mama kissin' Santa Claus? Ah ah Are you hanging up a stocking on your wall? Are you hoping that the snow will start to fall? Do you ride on down the hillside in a buggy you have made? When you land upon your head then you've been Slade So here it is Merry Christmas Everybody's having fun Look to the future now It's only just begun So here it is Merry Christmas Everybody's having fun Look to the future now It's only just begun So here it is Merry Christmas Everybody's having fun Look to the future now It's only just begun

16 comments:

  1. Didn't click the video this time - That's probably my least favourite of all Christmas pop!
    Hope you feel better as the day progresses.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, sorry, Sue. We can't love them all, can we? There's loads of others, that's the nice thing. xx

      Delete
  2. Sorry you are still not feeling great-take care so that you are fighting fit for your cruise! Catriona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is the thing, Catriona - I want to feel 110% so, in a way, if I had to be ill, better this week than next. I've had the cold virus, I've had the tummy bug . . .and I've had all the vaccines. Fingers crossed. xx

      Delete
  3. Slow and easy until you feel 100% again. x x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel quite lively in a lethargic sort of way this morning so I'm tidying downstairs. That makes me feel good straight away! Thanks. xx

      Delete
  4. Sorry to hear that you were unwell yesterday, Joy. Hope you are better very quickly so that you can really enjoy your cruise x Love the soaps- grapefruit would be my favourite x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks - I'm sure I will be fine. I love the soaps too it's just that I already have so much soap. Maybe I will keep them. Undecided!
      xx

      Delete
  5. Loved it! I'd never heard it before but it's a real mood brightener!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been a biggie in the UK for decades (as you can tell from the fashions in this original clip). Everyone knows it and, as Sue demonstrated, it's a bit like Marmite - love it or hate it. It was good for grooving too at last week's class, that's for sure.
      xx

      Delete
  6. Nice calendar item! We've got a lovely tea calendar I got in the sales last year and there haven't been any dud flavours yet (unlike last year's Yogi tee one which had lots of monstrosities!) I've given toiletries to my food bank before!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, very nice indeed. My grandson, Alex, had a tea calendar and he loves it too. You always risk getting either duds or things you just don't want - good enough in themselves but not for you. I often think it would be better (and more frugal) to get items for oneself and wrap them up during the first three months of the year and have them as a lucky dip in December by which time one will have forgotten what everything was. One year I might even get round to it!
      I will definitely be donating.
      xx

      Delete
  7. I am sorry that you are still not feeling up to par. I love the grapefruit items from The Body Shop I purchase lots of that scent.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so zingy and fresh, isn't it?
      I'm feeling loads better now, thanks. Just as well because I do have plenty to do. :-) xx

      Delete
  8. Yayyyyy, I have a signal and can leave a comment. Glad to read that you're feeling better. Take it easy for a day or two or you might knock yourself back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Excellent - welcome back!! I'm sure I'm over the worst now. xx

      Delete