Saturday 16 December 2023

Saturday, 16-12-23: Blogmas 16

Morning, everyone.  It's the weekend!  Would you call it the last weekend before Christmas?  Christmas Eve is next Sunday so maybe it it, maybe it isn't.  Anyway, five days before my Big Day.  Woo hoo!

Yesterday was a good day.  SW was, as always, enormous fun with lots of laughs and a few cards and gifts might have been exchanged.  Then I popped to Morrisons; now I know what's happening on Sunday, I have been able to get the few more things I need.

Then, as I left the shop, something magical.  Outside, the choir (that was MY choir, a few decades ago) were singing Christmas songs.  Of course, I stopped and watched/listened to them to the very end.
I only knew one singer, the grandson of a friend, but that didn't matter.  It just took me back to the times I brought them over the road.
Oh, it was so lovely.

Then I went home, put shopping away and pootled off to LIndsey's for the last personal training of the year.  It was, as always, really good although I wasn't at full strength, unsurprisingly.

Once back home again, I set to in the garden while my lovely cleaners sorted out the house.  I've moved pots around, chucked stuff in the brown bin, swept up mud and leaves . . . it's not finished or right yet but it looks loads better than it did and there are plants in pots breaking up the view of the garden room from the house.  It's going to look good eventually.

The mat runner arrived and is now in the shed in front of the freezer.  The little dehumidifier is doing a great job and the little frost alert heater is helping a lot - the condensation isn't nearly so bad now.

I also managed three loads of washing through the day after I had changed my sheets, some of which is now dried and ironed while some is still drying on the rack.  Whatever the weather forecast predicted, we didn't get any sunshine at all.  Not a single gleam!

Today's Advent thingy from the Body Shop calendar is another shower gel.  I'm so happy with these.  For a start, Body Shop does such lovely, fruity products and this one just smells of summer days.  It's gorgeous.  Also, these small sized bottles are perfect for my Christmas jolly.  What more could I ask for? 

I've almost finished the shampoo and conditioner.  I won't be getting any more for now because I have other products to use up first, but when I need more hair stuff, I will be getting some.   The 60ml contents has been enough for four washes and conditions as I have short hair nowadays and I plan to refill them with the Avon stuff I am currently using and that will do me.  Very neat!

Today I am going into town.  Yes, daft as it sounds, I am.  I'm getting an early bus - there's one at half past eight - so maybe I will be just ahead of the crowds - fingers crossed.  I do have a fair list of niggly little things things and it was either today or Monday.  At least I won't have to worry about parking.

Then, packing starts in earnest.  I do have a Plan in my head, a sort of order, which I am hoping will mean I don't forget anything crucial.  I also have ironing and stuff like that.  
Then, come the evening, it is the Strictly final which I am celebrating with some nibbles and a few drinks.  I'm really looking forward to it and have absolutely no idea who will win.  Usually I do and usually I'm correct, but it is so close this year.
Who do you want to win?
Today's Blogmas music is a lovely, jolly carol that most people know, if only because of the amount of puff needed to sing the chorus without breathing in the 'wrong' places.  'Ding! Dong! Merrily on High', beautifully sung by the choir of King's College, Cambridge and arranged by David Willcocks.



12 comments:

  1. Ooh your excitement is tangible 😍
    Strictly - hmmmm, I would love Bobby to win , although I acknowledge he isn't the best dancer of the three. Ellie is brilliant and fun, would be a worthy winner. Layton is such a good dancer i certainly wouldn't be disappointed if he won.......so for me this year, I'll just sit back and enjoy the surprise 😀
    Alison in Wales x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's building up now.
      I think, for me, whoever wins, I would be so glad for them and disappointed for the others. I wanted them all to win. xx

      Delete
  2. It's always the little niggling things that catch up with you when you're planning something, so I hope you manage to get them out of the way. I love today's carol - one of my favourites but not ideal for school carol concerts! x x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’m going to sit back and enjoy the Strictly final tonight because I have no idea how the public will vote to make a winner. Ellie would be my first choice but there have been surprises before! Catriona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There certainly have. You cam just never tell, can you? xx

      Delete
  4. Busy busy all the time Joy, I swept the leaves into s corner meaning to go back to collect them for the compost bin and they're still there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excited for your trip. I have traveled at Christmas before...always to son and/or daughter...one Christmas Day, I had breakfast in Texas...lunch in Atlanta airport, and dinner in Indy...From son to daughter. Decided...okay...people, no more NANA traveling at Christmas...oh yes, one Christmas, we were all in Miami at son's...several we were all in Texas...once in South Carolina...maybe two at Nana...most spent in Ohio, WV...FLorida, Indiana...where we live...yes...we are everywhere....thank you for your blog. It is one of the only ones I read faithfully...it is one that I have read from the beginning...you and Sooze, Weaver...enjoy enjoy your trip.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your Christmas Pasts do sound exciting.
      Thank you for reading and commenting. I am so glad you enjoy it. xx

      Delete
  6. I will say that when I use my bath and shower gel or even the scrubs Harvey says he can smell it in the bathroom. Since I always use it I guess he can always smell grapefruit.

    Enjoy your trip.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Probably and I know what he means. Very sunshine-y! xx

      Delete