Sunday 10 December 2023

Sunday, 10-12-23: Blogmas 10

Morning, everyone!  I can't believe it - I didn't wake once in the night and slept until around seven this morning - pretty much a solid nine hour sleep.  Fantastic!  

I was so pleased with today's Body Shop gift.
Yesterday's was shea shampoo and I thought surely there would be some conditioner before the end of the calendar.  Lo and behold - next day, out it comes.  Someone was sensible in not making us wait for it.

I need to wash my hair this morning so I'll give them a go.

You may remember that one of the gifts was a bath/shower scrubbie sort of thing.  I've used it a few times and decided that it's not for me really.  It is a good exfoliator but so are old fashioned flannels and I find them easier to handle.
A good idea and a nice gift but not for me.

I haven't mentioned this up to now but Eileen, from A Bracelet of Days, who I know some of you follow, has been doing a lovely Advent jigsaw.  I thought it was such a nice thing to do that I only went and looked for one on Amazon and, yup, got one.  A bit bad but I can bring it out again next year and, maybe, ongoing.  After all, there will be 365 days before I do each section again!

I forgot to mention about the walled beds.  I had to laugh though - while I wasn't looking (or while I was out) I acquired a wheelbarrow and a cement mixer but no brickies!  Friday afternoon I popped a message to Maxine to let her know and got an auto reply - closed for staff training.
And then - and this made me smile - on Facebook I saw some photos - they had had their works party on Thursday evening so I guess the Friday training was strategic!
And I also guess Maxine just forgot when she told me the brickies would be here on Friday.
I'm awaiting her reply tomorrow with some amusement!
(and I really don't mind - when it's done, it's done and I won't pay until it's finished)

Today is another easy day although there are bits and bobs I want to do - if I fancy it.
I would like to finish off my washing and ironing at some point.  I would like to make some more veggie sausage rolls for next Sunday (family get-together).  I would like to do my meal planning for the week.  I need to sort some things out in my bedroom and make lists of the clothes I will be packing to make sure I have no last minute washing to do.
None of these are urgent but it will be nice to get them done.


Today's festive music is the sixteenth century hymn, Gaudete, sung by the wonderful Steeleye Span.  There are so many versions of this music on YouTube but I really love this folky close harmony rendering and, of course, Maddy Prior's voice is just . . . perfect.


Here's another version of the same carol, sung by the choir of Queen's College, Oxford.  Same music, totally different interpretation.



12 comments:

  1. I am enjoying my Advent jigsaw very much and posting each day’s finished panel on my FB page. It will be easy to return to the little boxes as each piece has the appropriate number on the back. Enjoy doing yours. Catriona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was the first thing I checked because, if the numbers weren't on the back, I was going to add them.
      I really am enjoying it.
      Must look for your facebook page.

      xx

      Delete
    2. Please do, Joy.

      Delete
    3. There are so many Catrionas. Which one am I looking for, please? You could reply to my blog email address - at the top, just above the 'visitors' thingy. xx

      Delete
    4. Have sent you an email with photo-check your spam. C

      Delete
  2. I love Gaudete especially when sung by Maddy Prior. I really miss music now I'm deaf.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That must be really rough for you and I really sympathiser. I am eternally grateful for hearing aids.
      Her voice is so true and pure, isn't it?
      xx

      Delete
  3. We have an advent jigsaw, and its not easy! A Christmas scene and its growing, the daily 42 pieces takes us about 35 to 40 mins, so quite difficult.. enjoy yours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm getting into the way of it but at first it took absolutely ages. The sections with no straight sides are definitely harder, I think.
      I look forward to doing it each day now - addictive!
      xx

      Delete
  4. A couple of Christmas's ago our youngest Kris, bought me way too many gift packages from Body Shop. So I am working on using all the bits up. I do love Body Shop products though.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol - is too much Body Shop stuff even a thing? What a nice problem to have.
      They are so nice to use, aren't they?
      xx

      Delete