Saturday 23 December 2023

Saturday, 23-12-23: Blogmas 23 and rest of day 2

 Good morning, everyone!   I think I know what I can and can't do, assuming a connection.
I can:
open a draft/scheduled post and add to it - which is what I'm doing here
open a sent message as a draft
create and send a new message
include photos and video clips 
view your comments (thank you) via the side link
read the blogs of others and comment on theirs.  I just can't read or reply on mine - weird.

I can't:
open a sent post except as draft and therefore . . .
read or reply to your comments directly, sorry

Still - better than hoped.  And no problems with the actual connection - yet.

They've decorated the ship beautifully.  Here's just a few photos.



The rest of yesterday remained pretty choppy but, however those acupuncture bands work, they do a good job.  I didn't feel at all unwell.  

Yesterday evening was a 'formal' occasions so I wore my pretty Seasalt dress (anyone remember me getting it on a trip to Bury St Edmunds?) and a sparkly jacket.  Diane and I both agreed we really weren't interested in the Captain's cocktails and canapes thingybobbidoo beforehand so we didn't go.  I don't think we missed much really.

Dinner was so good.  
Smoked salmon pillow for starters.
Mains was fillet mignon with celeriac crisp, some sort of layered potatoes, spinach and truffle gravy.  Plus some roasted parsnips they brought round as well.  The fillet melted in the mouth!

I didn't photo dessert which was Bailey cream parfait (so good) followed by coffee and petit fours.

After that, I was only fit for bed.   Zzzzzzzzzzzz

Have a lovely day before the day before Christmas, everyone.  xxx


Not long to go now and today's musical offering is a great favourite, O Little Town of Bethlehem, given their own inimitable twist by the King's Singers.


And here's the traditional version from the Birmingham University Singers.



8 comments:

  1. The decorations and food look lovely, I'm so glad you're having a great time x
    Alison in Wales x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks wonderful! Enjoy and best wishing for calming seas! Annabeth x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well it really looks like they are feeding you well. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow-the food looks gorgeous and glad your sea bands are working. Catriona

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my, if that is a taste of things to come then you are going to eat some lovely meals. Have a wonderful time Joy. I'm looking forward to reading all about it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The food sounds and looks wonderful - I shall enjoy your cruise stories. Although last night I had a weird dream of being lost on a large ship!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Christine in Halstead23 December 2023 at 19:30

    Lovely to read your blog Joy and listen to your song/carols for the day. It sounds like you are going to have such a wonderful time on the cruise. Savour every moment and a very Merry Christmas to you xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's useful to know about the bands. Lily gets motion sickness on trains, so I will try and get some for her to use in future. Xx

    ReplyDelete