Friday 8 December 2023

Friday, 08-12-23: Blogmas 8

Good morning, everyone.
After yesterday's self inflicted early morning whinge, you might like to know that I went back to bed, fell asleep and woke feeling pretty much OK again.

Let's start with the advent calendar.  Today is is this: a satsuma shower gel for all skin types.  This is something I will definitely be using - I love citrus scent.

Nop product info on the box bit it does suggest that I could reuse the calendar next year, something I had already considered.  It's a nice box with useful sized containers inside and I could store it in one of the Christmas boxes.  The only thing is remembering to get the little gifty things so - well, we'll see.

(It doesn't have to be Body Shop stuff, of course)

Yesterday was nice.  I popped over to Chris at ten and she had provided not only coffee but a few refreshments (we don't normally have refreshments of any kind) because of the season.  I enjoyed her home made mince pie very much indeed.
We semi-planned to do a trip to town and have lunch in The Range and then a good look round once things have settled after Christmas, maybe in February,

At twelve, Val turned up and we had a great old natter over lunch and coffee..  It was really lovely.
I got some washing and ironing done but, really, it was quite a quiet day

Today, I believe that the bricklayers are coming to finish off my walled beds.  Fingers crossed.
I'm off to Slimming World and then I am playing Mary Christmas and taking the gift exchange pressies around for our Girls' Chat on zoom come the evening.  I'm looking forward to that very much indeed.
The house is pretty much cleaner-ready so,once they have gone, I will do some more sorting and moving stuff around and there's always washing/drying/ironing to be done.

So that's today.  What do you have planned?

Today's Christmas music is one of my favourite melodies in two different versions.

The first is In Dulci Jubilo, arranged by Robert Pearsall and sung by the Choir of King's College, Cambridge.  I can't remember how many times I sung this at school.  And it has a good alto part!


And the other is Mike Oldfield's instrumental hit.  I want to dance to this (and sometimes do, but not when anyone is watching!!!)



16 comments:

  1. Youv'e had me jigging round the room with my coffee this morning! Love seeing all the instruments coming in, thanks Joy and a Happy Friday. Val

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Val, and the same to you. It's a lovely, jolly version of the carol, it really gets me moving. xx

      Delete
  2. One of my favourite carols, thank you. I can't believe it's Friday again but time speeds up before Christmas - and then slows down in horrible February.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know - December is just racing away. Remember how slowly the first part of this year seemed to go? Time is not a constant. xx

      Delete
  3. Satsuma shower gel sounds lovely, I love mandarin scent. Looks like a good size for travelling too. Enjoy your day. Annabeth x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, perfect - assuming there's any left by then < chuckle >
      xx

      Delete
  4. You will be traveling soon. I received an email recently from one of the Shakespeare teachers about our second trip…her first…in 2008. So much to remember…I did ride the Eye that time…wow…one thing that stands out as different was some of the art at the Tate. Awww…different…soap on a rope…she just returned from Paris with family…she is younger than I and still traveling…we agree London was worth the long long flight…I walked the streets esp around The Globe often. Brenda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Tate is awesome, isn't it. Not to everyone's taste but there's always a new perspective, something to discover, a different angle.
      xx

      Delete
  5. I really love Body Shop Shower gel. It is not drying and they have such lovely scents.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they do. You can smell the shop as you're approaching it. Lovely. xx

      Delete
  6. Sounds like you had a lovely, social day yesterday. Hope the walled beds got finished!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh - I've forgotten to mention that is Saturday's post. I'll say about it on SUnday. Thanks. xxu

      Delete
  7. I've missed a couple of days reading blogs........frustrating.......but it's the season. So lovely to read about your advent calendar and other xmas prep. I made some lip balm as little gifts today, so easy and so cute in their weeny pots, I just added a very few drops of peppermint oil to make it taste vaguely of candy canes! Also had a root canal done....... life, mixing up the mundane and the pleasurable as usual ;-)
    Alison in Wales x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is the season, definitely, and I'm sorry to ead about your dental issues. Root canal stuff is not at all nice. Is it feeling more comfortable now. And how are you feeling generally?
      The lip balm sounds lovely - do you make these things as gifts or do you sell them too? xx

      Delete
  8. A lovely day, I miss meeting with friends, although I do have a good natter at the SW meeting and we have formed a group to meet up for coffee after Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've made some good friends through our SW group too. xx

      Delete